Pork Butts for Graduation Party

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thadius65

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
I am going to be doing (6) pork butts in a few weeks and getting the planning underway.  I have done these before, but always done cooking the day of eating.

Party is on a Saturday at 4PM.  I would like to cook Thursday afternoon on my GOSM gasser with supplimental smoke from Big Kahuna until 140F and then pull and put in my ceramic Primo Oval XL w/ CyberQ running for the overnight.  Reasoning - more and better controlled smoke on GOSM/Kahuna.  and More controll on temp/longevity on Primo.

First - any problems with my approach?

Second - Say pork is done Friday morning.  What is the appropriate way to handle/store until party?  and what would best reheat option be?  Electric roaster or ??

Thanks for the help!

Ted

cool.gif

As far as the proper way to handle the pork butt is to keep it in the refrig till it's time for the re-heating. Now as far as that you have several ways that you could re-heat the meat. I would recommend a pasta pot/steamer pot and then just do a rotation of the meat. You can microwave it but I'm not sure if anyone else thinks that is a good way either. You could put it into a cockpot and re-heat it that way too. Now how are you serving this meat??? Are you using foil pans with the sterno flame thingys? I would also recommend using the crock pots for serving too. That way you could keep the meat good and warm thew out the party too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky