Pork butt in AS300 smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahakohda

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 29, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
I am continuing experimenting with AS300 smoker. Today was my 4th smoke session with it and I am convinced in its ability to produce thin blue smoke and steady temperatures.
Now its all about how long it will perform. This remains to be seen.

Today I smoked small pork butt. I ask purists to be kind. I smoked it 4 hours at 250f. Afterwards wrapping in foil and baking in oven at 250f for another 4h30m until internal temp of 200f.
Let it rest and well devoured it
Youtube

Attachments

• 0813A9BD-EBEA-42A6-A67F-C6DB56E9098B.jpeg
    0813A9BD-EBEA-42A6-A67F-C6DB56E9098B.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 23
What's your impression of the ASMOKE?
I can only vouch for its smoking capabilities. So far i smoked chicken legs, pork ribs, salmon and pork butt. Every time with great result.
Smoke ring is outstanding. Smoke is always TBS.
Smoking at 250F for four hours and there were plenty of pellets left for one or two hours more.
Very happy so far.

It looks good. I quite often smoke a butt to 165 then wrap in foil and into the oven at 225-250 as Jake said once in foil heat is heat and the oven works fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky