pork butt and CSR's....all on the new XL for memorial day..w/Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

turnandburn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 12, 2013
Midwest City, Oklahoma
howdy howdy howdy!!...well as some of yall may know i got a new Masterbuilt XL and this weekend was her maiden smoke. the wife loves CSR's and brought some home to try out the new smoker, damn they came out good. im fascinated with this machine...and the pork butt came out amazing!!! now onto some view..enjoi!!

right at 8lbs....perfect.

all rubbed down with plowboys yardbird rub..darn good stuff.

hour 3...final pic...cuz were not opening anymore,sadly, but yall know the saying...(i did open but it was just to add wood..very quickly!!!

hour 10..pic opportunity....lookin amazing to me..first time ever using dry chamber. and now im gunna spritz with Dr.Pepper Cherry, water, and apple cider vinegar(odd i know)...

just a stallin....we sat here for about 3.5hours...169.1-169.3 for about 1hour, and then moved up to 171* 2.5hrs later...so you know what that means..let the beverages flow...hehe

hour 14.5...and now shes reached 203* IT....and i attempted to lift her up and yeh she bought turned to spagetti on me...lol. success...

just as shes gunna get wrapped up in a HD blankie....and finally.........

SLEEEEPPPPPPP.......................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......ZZZZZZ...........

3HRS LATER AND FULLY RESTED..

sammies r cool...but for me its taco time...
sausage.gif
 and of course fresh salsa.

the wifelet seasoning up the meat..and yes the sink was scrubbed out before..lol. and the pork as always gets a rinse before rubbing down.

enter CSR's with pecan pellets in the tube....

final outcome...no inbetween photos..theyre just CSR's..darn good ones too!!

i guess i liked it, cuz i damn sure put a ring on it!! hahaaha..smoke ring that is!
yahoo.gif
...well folks hope you enjoy as much as we did.,..and as always..til the next smoke...

Both the butt and CSR's look great!  Congrats on the new unit and a delicious looking meal from it!

Thanks pops....so awesome having a true dedicated smoker, and not just things I fashion together. Lol.. Whatever works right. And of course I give credit to the helpful folks here on SMF...if it wasn't for yall I wouldn't be outside smokin'! Well I probably would but I wouldn't have any good reading while outside. Lol

Last edited:
Nice, T&B!  Both the PP and the CSRs look delicious!  :drool

Red

thanks bud...i try..lol.
Hey, good show , Trunandburn... Did you try the DP reduction for sauce?

All looked great and hope you continue to send delicous looking Q.

Have fun and . . .

Thanks!!! I did not try anything for sauces...i kinda wish I had...but there's always next time. Lol. Thanks for stopping in.

So im curious why you have an electric smoker but got the tube smoker. Is this only for the smoke ring or is thrre another reason? I guess ive only figured the amazin products are to supplement smoke or to be creative and not really neccassary. Then again I got a wsm this spring so ill probably never need one just curious.

So im curious why you have an electric smoker but got the tube smoker. Is this only for the smoke ring or is thrre another reason? I guess ive only figured the amazin products are to supplement smoke or to be creative and not really neccassary. Then again I got a wsm this spring so ill probably never need one just curious.
I can't answer for anyone else, but I got an AMNPS because the chips would catch fire in my MES 40.  That, and I really didn't want to have to worry about putting more chips in every 1/2 - 1 hour to keep the smoke going since I smoke most of my meats overnight.

But btw the food looks amazing. I gotta try some country style ribs. My mom used to cook them to death in a crock pot. I imagine on the smoker would be much better.

I can't answer for anyone else, but I got an AMNPS because the chips would catch fire in my MES 40.  That, and I really didn't want to have to worry about putting more chips in every 1/2 - 1 hour to keep the smoke going since I smoke most of my meats overnight.

I see. I had an mes for a week and the electronics died so it went back to lowes. But that makes since the little turn and rotate chip tube didnt last very long.

I have an electric smoker and a propane grill..along with a propane smoker...the tube was for my grill not my electric smoker. And the tube now is used for the propane smoker. Its much easier than adding chips and stuff. I cam always have a constant smoke with the tube in there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky