Memorial Day Tradition - Pulled Pork Q View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

splendorlex

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Lake Geneva, WI
Now featuring the Weber SmokeFire EX4 I picked up a couple months ago.

Started out with some Killer Hogs BBQ Rub, then wrapped and into the fridge overnight.
PXL_20220530_122539618.jpg

On to the SmokeFire at 225, running with Kingsford Hickory pellets.
PXL_20220530_123917208.jpg

Here's a look about 5 hours later, temp around 160 and close to wrapping time.
PXL_20220530_165017667.jpg

Wrapped it around 165, brought it to about 205, then let it rest a couple of hours. Here's a shot of me pulling the finished product with my now typical cotton + nitrile gloves.
IMG_20220530_200627.jpg

And for the last shot, the only way to store leftover pulled pork IMO. Vacuum sealed with its natural juices.
PXL_20220530_232811473.jpg

It turned out great, and the leftovers will be stellar as well. I have to add that I absolutely love my SmokeFire. The thing is just so darn consistent, and it turns out a great product with plenty of smoke flavor and a nice smoke ring, if you care about that sort of thing. I've now gone through a Brinkmann electric, Masterbuilt 40, Weber Smokey Mountain, and the SmokeFire is the best cooker hands down.

I hope everyone had a great holiday, and let's not forget those who passed, giving the ultimate sacrifice.

Great post and pulled pork! Those x fires put out some great food!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky