Pork Broccoli and Home fries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Well today had the pleasure of using the stove as the power is back on .
Mona wanted Beef and Broccoli , had pork left over from the ice BBQ
so that is what she received
Used the extra baked potatoes, cubed up the pork steaks, sliced onions, peppers ,broccoli and my back bacon.
Simmered the cooked pork with more soya sauce onions and salt, pepper and garlic powder
For half hour ,added peppers and broccoli for couple minutes, like mine with a little crunch, remove all from liquid , thicken it and remix all.
Fry bacon onions and the potatoes
Plate and eat , Mona happy power on , maybe a good nights sleep
DSC_4030.JPG DSC_4031.JPG
DSC_4032.JPG DSC_4033.JPG
DSC_4034.JPG
DSC_4035.JPG

DSC_4036.JPG DSC_4037.JPG
Thanks for looking

David

Man that looks good! Actually a little bit more of a healthy cook which is nice to see! After this weekend I feel like I’m sweating duck fat snd Wagyu tallow. That broccoli is calling to me! Beautiful plate!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man that looks good! Actually a little bit more of a healthy cook which is nice to see! After this weekend I feel like I’m sweating duck fat snd Wagyu tallow. That broccoli is calling to me! Beautiful plate!

Thanks Jed for the like and the comment

Yes the broccoli and peppers are great veg dish. And like you say the baked potatoes fried in the beautiful juices from my back bacon
in the frying pan are right up there with healthy, don't let no one say it is not . lol

David

WOW David that looks great and bookmarked!
The wife would like to cut back on a pork but she would love this!

Keith

A great first meal with the power back on! The pork and broccoli looks good and it has me in the mood for some beef and broccoli, it’s been awhile since I’ve made that.

The potatoes look great too! I could eat potatoes every day if you let me, so there’d be no leftovers there.

A great first meal with the power back on! The pork and broccoli looks good and it has me in the mood for some beef and broccoli, it’s been awhile since I’ve made that.

The potatoes look great too! I could eat potatoes every day if you let me, so there’d be no leftovers there.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

Was good and Mona also wanted Beef. That will be next time . I did not thicken the sauce enough but tasted great.

And I'm with you I love potatoes in lots of meals. I some how incorporate them in a lot of my meals ..but I guess you have seen that here .lol

David "My rolled ribs and loaded mashed potatoes for my 1st year anniversary cook "
DSC_3963.JPG

Beautiful plate(s) David, just beautiful. Very nice meal and a great presentation. We are due for a pork meal (been eating a lot of beef recently) and this might just be the one. Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Beautiful plate(s) David, just beautiful. Very nice meal and a great presentation. We are due for a pork meal (been eating a lot of beef recently) and this might just be the one. Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

We are just the other way around , more pork meals. Time for some beef, maybe soon, if I can get the smokers shed deiced. lol

You should try the Ring of ribs with the loaded mashed in your new smoker. if you are thinking of some pork meal. lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky