Pork Belly Burnt Ends are so good it's stupid

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baggadonuts

Original poster
Apr 6, 2018
Humboldt County CA
I know they aren't burnt ends, but damn they are really good alternatives that are cheaper and easier to create in quantities than actual brisket BE's.

I went two hours in the smoke at 275*, then in a pan with butter/brown sugar/honey for two hours.

Finally they were drained and sauced with a combo of bbq sauce/apple juice and mango pepper jelly, then back on the smoker for 30 minutes to let that glaze setup properly.

slap your mother in law good. I did these on my 22 inch WSM. I was pretty happy with the process, though my Smoke temp probe and the grill temp were 30* off from each other, so ill have to do some fiddling to get those in sync.

IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1370.JPG
IMG_1371.jpg
IMG_1372.JPG

Those look so goooood, I'm jealous.

Point for sure.

Chris

Those look Great !!!
Mighty Tasty!!:)
They're all nice & lined up on the grill too----Do you just say "Attention---Dress Right---Dress!!"??:D
Just wondered.
Like.

Bear

Reactions: ghoster
Oh those look so good. We have done these about half a dozen times now and just love em. got a pork belly In the fridge now. You have inspired me to get on it!!! Those look so delicious.

Those look incredible!
The next time I make bacon, I'm definitely taking a chunk of belly & making burnt ends with it!
Great job & congrats on making the carousel!
Al

I'm headed to Talladega for the race in a couple weekends. I am going to do pulled pork this weekend and vacuum seal it to take to the tail gate. You have now inspired me to do some pork belly burnt ends to take as well. Great stuff!!!! My pit will be blazing for 12 hours anyway so why not put something else on it.

this looks crazy good. would you mind giving a bit more detail? the picture of them on the wsm looks like it has some kind of dry rub. is that just the color of the dry meat after the first two hours of smoking? the second couple hours in the pan with butter, brown sugar and honey - just enough to coat them? how loaded is the pan? do you stir it periodically? (i would try to scale this to make a bunch for a tailgate). i assume the last 30 is not in the pan? can you provide ratios of the ingredients you used?

I have a 2 pound pork belly left from last time I made bacon that I wanted to do something different with. I just happened to have WSM 22” as well. I think I’ll try this recipe, sure looks good.
What wood did you use and did you keep the heat at 275 after added the other ingredients?

Randy,

Very nice, donuts!
The last time I made a Pancetta, after I squared off the belly to roll, I cut up the off cuts and made some of those. Meat Candy!! I thought I discovered something new LOL!

"Like"

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky