Pop up messages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scarbelly

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 26, 2009
Ok for the last hour I keep getting POP ups for some TV show  or movie. This is total crap and should not be happening here. Is this a Huddler feature?

There is a blue screen with an ad for "Are we there yet"   

Last edited:
The TBS show? That is really annoying and kinda low brow in my opinion. I don't mind ads because everyones gotta pay the bills but pop ups are not cool.

Ok for the last hour I keep getting POP ups for some TV show  or movie. This is total crap and should not be happening here. Is this a Huddler feature?

There is a blue screen with an ad for "Are we there yet"   

Last edited:
i've been getting it too........we shouldn't have to buy a product to visit this site, if it keeps up my time here will be limited until the problem is fixed.

BUY NORTON PRO.....................10 years and no problemo. Freeware is just that....

The puter i have is almost 10 years old, I buy Norton every year and never have had a virus. Considering how long I've had this puter and not had a problem with hackers I say I'm doing good. The only problem I see is folks using firefox and freeware and COMPLAINING about Non-Norton issues! Sheesh!
icon_lol.gif

i don't have any virus but pop ups, back button issues, copy/paste while reply, editting, banners on the side and top not loading, etc...............it makes the play ground a lot less less funner (yea i said funner). i pop on to a lot of other forums that range in platforms and i have never experienced the issues that i have here as of late............and this is not a gripe, just sayin'. i know the boys are tryin' to work things out.

i don't have any virus but pop ups, back button issues, copy/paste while reply, editting, banners on the side and top not loading, etc...............it makes the play ground a lot less less funner (yea i said funner). i pop on to a lot of other forums that range in platforms and i have never experienced the issues that i have here as of late............and this is not a gripe, just sayin'. i know the boys are tryin' to work things out.
I have noticed a few pop-ups the last few days while on here, but have not experienced the other problems you are having.

I just have to come back to this post and give a little more, I didn't mean to say buy Norton or else. I have run Norton for many year's (9+) and nothing, nada, zip, zilch it's that good. I never had to take my puter to have it fixed because of a problem that bypassed Norton. I see folks talking about freeware after they have a problem, that's my point. It protects you from the internet in general. I belong to many forums and different platforms. Norton is like car insurance it protects you no matter where you drive.
icon_wink.gif

I use Firefox and don't seem to get the pop ups.

Is it a function of IE?

Todd

Todd it does seem IE is more susceptible to these weird quirks but it's what many of us have gotten used to. I have both IE8 and Firefox but I use IE8 most of the time. Since the upgrade from Huddler yesterday I personally haven't gotten another pop up ad and hope it is fixed for everyone else as well.

Meateater I agree about the Norton I have used it for years now and just renewed for another year I figure that it being licensed for all three of our computers it's cheap insurance and has done a good job for us

I use google chrome & the pop-ups seemed to have stopped. If Jeff needs a little additional revenue to keep this site going I don't mind a few pop-ups.

If anyone sees any popups, please let me know. We do advertise around the edges of the site and we try to keep the ads as relevant as possible but not with popups. If this is happening then the ad network must be notified and asked to shut down that particular ad.

Looks like this problem may have been taken care of already and I appreciate everyone's understanding and cooperation.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky