Pocket knife suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Something I didn't say was I have sent several of my friends and family off to the other side with 1, I slip it in a pocket, right now I am at a loss, my best friend of over 37 years died suddenly and was cremated. I am hit hard with this loss . Give a good knife to your loved ones while they are still upright and can enjoy it. I carry a case birding knife when not at work. best wishes for all

I have several also . One of my favorites was a 5.11 Tactical single blade folder with a clip .
It's my lost ,,, found ,, lost again knife . It's currently in the lost phase .

I also keep a Gerber in my back pack.

I have that exact knife . It's with the one above ,,, lost them both together after a hunting trip .
That is a good everyday carry knife .
I had to bump this . Finally found this Gerber . Bummer the 5.11 wasn't with it . It's here somewhere for sure now .
1664214207247.jpeg

On the ranch I carried a Barlow. In the islands it was a Gerber upside down in a belt holster. It would drop into your hand and flick open.
The last few years it's a Sandrin TCK Best pocket knife I've ever owned hands down.

My lost lost knife that I miss like an old hound dog is a Gerber AR 3.0 coated blade with most of the coating gone.
It's been gone for 2 years or so. I still have hope because I once lost it for several years before it showed up. It's discontinued or I would have 3-4 of them. I've had it since '96 or '97

My recently lost knife is a Kershaw Leek and I think it is really lost. I'm almost positive I left it in a hotel room back in July.

I never really came to like the Leek but it felt good in the hand. That speed open gimmick is what I didn't like about it. Remove that and I would have really liked it.

I carry a Kershaw 1660 (Leek)
Nice knife . Yeah , I'm happy to have finally found this one , but the 5.11 tactical was my favorite . Thing is , if you look for them you won't find it . I'm gonna not look for the 5.11 tomorrow .
I bought a Kershaw folder when I was in my 20's . To big / thick to carry in your pocket , but it's a great knife for working with . Has thick rubber handles with finger grips .

An original Emerson CQC-7B I have been carrying, every day, for 27-years. It's a little beat up but it is the original "hard-use folding knife." It's like the American Express Card - I don't leave home without it! Rock solid and holds an edge.
IMG_1283.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: nicefly
A new one for me.

20220927_030402.jpg

Bears and sons 103 4.5". Assisted opening. A first assisted knife for me. Nice build and a great edge out of the box.
Bigger than my daily gerber. But not uncomfortable in the pocket.

Reactions: nicefly and chopsaw
Been collecting for 30 years. Have bout 500+ Some are pretty old so i dont carry or use, Old bucks, puma and many other big names.

These 2 are my EDC.
20220927_080552.jpg

We live bout 13 miles from redhill cutlery.

Reactions: chopsaw
Here's some of my Sandrin knives. I have a couple Kabars as well but they won't fit in your pocket. The filet knife in the pic is a custom. The silver tck is matched to a custom left handed Draco Garra 1911
mini knife gun and knives (4).JPG
Draco Garra with matching TCK.jpg

My favorite pocket knife was confiscated at a Capitals game 3 years ago. I picked it up at a Flea Market for $20. Handmade and kept a great edge. Gone forever now.
In my pocket right now is a Buck 379 pocket knife. Kinda small, but I carry it everywhere.
If I'm going somewhere dicey I have a sweet Kershaw Blackout assisted opener. Razor sharp and quickly brought to function. Nice knife but way overpriced. Still a strong deterrent though.
When I was much younger I had KaBar, Case, Barlow, Old Hickory, Buck Hunters, all good blades. Strange that the one I miss was a no name hand forged pocket knife.

Reactions: nicefly and Marknmd
I like my Ken Onion CRKT knife with assisted opening. It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it, it's very handy when your left hand is busy holding something or maybe it's greasy and you can just pull the knife out of your right hand pocket and open with that right hand in less than one second. When done, you can close it with the same one hand in less than one second and pocket it.

76cb9c82-7c4b-443e-b24e-f8e770aeb20f.jpg

Last edited:
A knife shop I was in said most knifes are now mad overseas. Have looked around and they are right. I have 2 Old Timers one US and overseas made. If I have my pants on there is a knife in the pocket.

Warren

Reactions: nicefly
When I was 8 years old , my grandfather handed me an old Barlow single blade. He said," always keep a knife and a handkerchief in your pocket". I have followed this advise since that day. Masculine toxicity by today's standard.

Case, Schrade, Camillus, Victorinox, etc. are very good knives and I've had several of each but for nearly 40 years I've carried a Victorinox Tinker Swiss Army Knife with the Phillips screwdriver, not the corkscrew. I will occasionally carry a Victorinox Sentinel Swiss Army Knife when I need a longer, locking blade.

Find a model of Victorinox SAK that suits your needs and don't worry about how tacticool it looks.

A bit above the 50 you're hoping for, but the Spyderco Tenacious is a lot of knife for about $60 or so.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky