Poaching sausage etc>

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrh

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 24, 2006
Iowa
I have just came back here after not checking in for quite some time.  Been reading and seeing some posts where you guys have talked about poaching salami and other things.  I think this is something I would like to try.  It appears to be a quicker way to get done without any loss in smoke flavor.  I do have a electric roaster that I could use (Seen it in one of the posts)  So I guess I would like to hear some of your hints on how best to do this. It seems simple but not something I have been around or tried yet.

Thanks,

Mark

All you really need is a container (large cooking pot, turkey roaster, large deep pan) to hold an adequate amount of water to submerge your sausages. An accurate thermometer (2 is ideal) for measuring water temp (keep it between 165-170° MAX!) and once you get the water to temp, plunge the sausages/chubs in. I insert a probe into one to monitor the internal temp (IT). Poach until desired IT is reached (152-154° for most).

Kevin

Thanks a bunch guys!  I kinda figured that was pretty much the way it worked. I will be giving it a try in the near future for sure 
biggrin.gif

Thanks,

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky