Sausage Casing Storage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 9, 2010
Hollister Missouri
I have a package of hog casings in a brine solution that has been factory sealed and refrigerated for the past five years. Life and pure laziness have gotten in the way. Trying to get back to doing all the things i used to do this year. Are they still good or should I throw them out? Cant remember where i got them but it was likely one of the reputable online places.

Still good.... They are packed in brine and the high salt concentration keeps them. I use a 1 gallon bucket with a snap on lid. I would just keep them in the package until you are ready to use them. But then put in a container, pour 1/2 cup of salt on them and fill the bucket up with water within 1/2 inch to the top. Store in fridge until the next time.

Reactions: Timber II
That should still be good . Open them up .
Look through this .

Here ya go . I saved the bucket from TSM to store mine in , but you can read the label .
20190302_113647.jpg

Reactions: Timber II
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky