Playoff "Pork Feast"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
Had some friends over for the games yesterday,So i fired up Ribzilla and made a feast!

I got some pics along the way

this is what we had

cf146e00_102_0252.jpg

potatoes & onions
28c51fbc_102_0250.jpg

Spare Ribs, that were so tender i couldn't get them out of the foil! Oh well,there were no complaints :)
a0af98d3_102_0227.jpg

Mac & Cheese, I guess me and Les had the same idea,Yours looked Great, btw

43f848b0_102_0248.jpg

Smoked cabbage

6d66c4c5_102_0249.jpg

I guess i missed some pics of the rice & brocolli fattie

but i did get one of the orange stuffed yard-bird
5915a9d1_102_0247.jpg

I got a pic of one of the to-go plates
fe654694_102_0261.jpg

we had a great time and great food

thanks for checkin' out our feast!
9322d764_102_0239.jpg

Looks fabulous!!!

To go plates???  That looks like a buffet to go!!

Craig

I LOVE smoked cabbage.  I would have just taken that whole thing to go

Ribs look great too, really like fall off the bone and those fit the bill

Looks like an awesome feast!!!!

Awesome Feast Rap !!!!

That little guy certainly looks like he enjoyed it!

I like to know the whole process (prep, time, temp, etc) on that Bacon wrapped smoked cabbage---That looks freakin' Great!

Bear

Thanks for the kind words my friends,

Yeah, the little guy in the last pic is Nicholas, My neighbors Grandson. He loves ribs and mac&cheese, Not real fond of cabbage! lol

Speaking of cabbage,

I cut the stalk off the bottom so it would sit in the pan without rolling around, then washed in cold water.

While it was still wet from the bath i dusted with cbp,and kosher salt. Covered with a small bacon weave,placed in pan with 1 cup water and smoked for about 3hrs.

The smoker was running 225º-235º

During the last hour of the 3hr smoke i smoked an onion, then threw it in with the cabbage, added more water and foiled.

Continued smoking 1-2hrs until it was tender. Cook time will vary depending on size.

I love cabbage, but this was the best yet!

nice smoke..... bbq sauce on your boys face would have been priceless................

Nice job Raptor! Everything looked really good!

You perked my interest with the rice & broccoli fattie. Sounds interesting!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky