Plagiarism at its best!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richorn

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 14, 2018
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
I expect I will be sent to Cookers Prison, as I am 100% guilty of theft. @troutman posted his life's work in the field of Pastrami, and I've had my way with it!

My attorney will argue the following: My client removed said meat from the sous vide after 75 hours and placed in an ice bath overnight. Said piece of meat then stayed in the box of ice (freon?) for approx 24 hours before final smoke at Low Smoke to the IT of 132*

I am now 30 minutes into the final smoke. I completely screwed up the rub... actually I forgot to put it on. So I grabbed the JH Pecan Rub and the pepper grinder. Went to town on one side, pressed and flipped, rinse, repeat... yada yada! Didn't burn myself and it looks OK! More to come in a few hours when I take a slice.

IMG_5554.JPG

Oh I'm sure troutman will commute your sentence, because you did his strami proud.

Point for sure.

Chris

Reactions: richorn
Fine job. That is some really good looking pastrami. Like. You should be sentenced to a month of community service (making reuben sandwiches for everyone)!

That looks, wow...

I should not browse SMF before lunchtime...

No , its not my fault! it's You all who are guilty of making me so hungry! :)

That pastrami looks excellent! I hereby sentence you to my kitchen, to make me a Reuben! Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200.

Like!

That looks great. Is that a brisket flat cut? I love how lean it is.

That looks great. Is that a brisket flat cut? I love how lean it is.
I got a full packer Prime brisket from Costco, and trimmed into 3 pieces. This was the large half of the flat initially. After corning for 10 days, I cut off about 1.5lbs for corned beef and cabbage. I used the remainder for this pastrami. My reason for these cooks is my love for "really lean" pastrami, and the difficulty finding it. I left about 1/4 inch of the fat cap for the sous vide part of the cook, but trimmed it off for the final smoke.

Well if we are the Jury, you might want to feed us some of that Pastrami, it might be Jury Tampering, but I am sure it will get you off from the first offense! That color is perfect, looks like the new slicer was a good investment.

I'm sorry, but I need to confiscate that meat.

it is obviously "proceeds from crime" .

to protect you AND this forum, an immediate confiscation and proper disposal of that evidence should keep you out of jail and this forum protected from any copyright infringement.

in future, I'll be keeping a close eye on you.... ready to stea... er.... "Confiscate" any ill gotten products!

For the good of the forum!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky