1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Plagiarism at its best!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by richorn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. richorn

richorn Fire Starter SMF Premier Member

I expect I will be sent to Cookers Prison, as I am 100% guilty of theft. @troutman posted his life's work in the field of Pastrami, and I've had my way with it!

My attorney will argue the following: My client removed said meat from the sous vide after 75 hours and placed in an ice bath overnight. Said piece of meat then stayed in the box of ice (freon?) for approx 24 hours before final smoke at Low Smoke to the IT of 132*

I am now 30 minutes into the final smoke. I completely screwed up the rub... actually I forgot to put it on. So I grabbed the JH Pecan Rub and the pepper grinder. Went to town on one side, pressed and flipped, rinse, repeat... yada yada! Didn't burn myself and it looks OK! More to come in a few hours when I take a slice.

IMG_5554.JPG

2. oldsmokerdude

oldsmokerdude Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

I pronounce you guilty. BUT, sentence commuted because it looks so darn good. Let us know how it turns out.

richorn likes this.
  3. oddegan

oddegan Smoking Fanatic

If you could get in trouble for borrowing someone else's ideas everyone on this forum would be hosed. Can't wait to see that bad boy sliced.

richorn likes this.
  4. richorn

I am new to all this... I went to Chef's Toys today just to buy a decent slicing knife. When I tried to cut some corned beef the other day it was too soft to cut with my dull as hell steel lol! I figured this pastrami deserved a proper blade.

5. richorn

uhm, WOW.

IMG_5557.JPG IMG_5560.JPG

petehalsted, Smkryng, xray and 5 others like this.
  6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru

Oh I'm sure troutman will commute your sentence, because you did his strami proud.

Point for sure.

Chris

richorn likes this.
  7. crazymoon

crazymoon Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

RC, That is some fine looking pastrami! Nice job.

richorn likes this.
  8. oddegan

oddegan Smoking Fanatic

I see Reubens in your future! Looks great!

richorn likes this.
  9. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Awesome job on the pastrami!
    Al

richorn likes this.
  10. GATOR240

GATOR240 Smoking Fanatic

Fine job. That is some really good looking pastrami. Like. You should be sentenced to a month of community service (making reuben sandwiches for everyone)!

richorn likes this.
  11. That looks, wow...

I should not browse SMF before lunchtime...

No , its not my fault! it's You all who are guilty of making me so hungry! :)

richorn likes this.
  12. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

That pastrami looks excellent! I hereby sentence you to my kitchen, to make me a Reuben! Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200.

Like!

13. Braz

Braz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

That looks great. Is that a brisket flat cut? I love how lean it is.

14. richorn

Thanks! Your method will be the next one lol!

15. richorn

I got a full packer Prime brisket from Costco, and trimmed into 3 pieces. This was the large half of the flat initially. After corning for 10 days, I cut off about 1.5lbs for corned beef and cabbage. I used the remainder for this pastrami. My reason for these cooks is my love for "really lean" pastrami, and the difficulty finding it. I left about 1/4 inch of the fat cap for the sous vide part of the cook, but trimmed it off for the final smoke.

16. That’s some fine looking pastrami! Wouldn’t last long around my house!

richorn likes this.
  17. yankee2bbq

yankee2bbq Smoking Fanatic

YEAP! Great job! I am so jealous!

richorn likes this.
  18. petehalsted

petehalsted Smoking Fanatic

Well if we are the Jury, you might want to feed us some of that Pastrami, it might be Jury Tampering, but I am sure it will get you off from the first offense! That color is perfect, looks like the new slicer was a good investment.

richorn likes this.
  19. nanuk

nanuk Smoking Fanatic ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I'm sorry, but I need to confiscate that meat.

it is obviously "proceeds from crime" .

to protect you AND this forum, an immediate confiscation and proper disposal of that evidence should keep you out of jail and this forum protected from any copyright infringement.

in future, I'll be keeping a close eye on you.... ready to stea... er.... "Confiscate" any ill gotten products!

For the good of the forum!

richorn likes this.