Pineapple, Mango, Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Pineapple, Mango, Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce

A big Shout Out to SQWIB  for his awesome post and getting me motivated.

This is an old recipe, and have not made it in a long time.

The way I do the Ghost Peppers is clean and seed several, I start off adding one then add a half at a time till I get the heat I’m looking for. (Don’t add too much to start with it gets hot pretty quick. I like heat, but not so much that my lips go numb, nose starts running and sweat pops out all over my head.

3 Ghost pepper, chopped (removed seeds for milder flavor)  (USE RUBBER GLOVES)

(start with one and add more till you get the heat you want)

2 cans Pineapple, (I used sliced)

2 bags frozen Mango

6 hot cherry peppers, chopped

1 cup water

1 ¾  cup white vinegar

4 tablespoons chopped cilantro

2 teaspoon sugar

Salt – to taste

Directions:

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor, process till smooth

Pour into a pan and simmer till it reduces a bit (or the consistency you like)

Pour into bottles, let cool and store in fridge. Or process in a hot water bath as per canning directions

I did the hot Water bath today (4 Pints)

This batch turned out really good, didn’t have to adjust anything at the end.

I bought the store brand  of Mangoes and Pineapple

Pineapple and Mango already went for a spin Cilantro is next

Hot Cherry Peppers and the Star of the Show

Everything out of the blender and in the pot to simmer for a while  

Water Bath

Out of the bath all lids popped, cooling and waiting on a label 

Finished  One for #1 son, #2 son and 2 for me

Thanks for looking and thanks again SQWIB for getting me in the mood

That's gotta be Freaking Awesome!!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

Love the Flavor Profiles there!!
drool.gif

We never got into canning. Posts like this often make me wish we did !!! 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Nice Job, Gary!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Looks great Gary.  Beautiful color.  I'm like you, I like hot but about the same level as you.  Flavor is more important to me than heat, and yours sounds like it should be bursting with flavor.  

I'd give that a try, but I've never seen any ghost peppers up here.  'Course I have to admit, I haven't looked all that hard--I've got a great deal of "respect" for them.  
icon_redface.gif

POINTS for that recipe and post.

Gary

Thanks guys and for the points 

Gary

Gary that sounds great,it is a shame I'm  burnt out.Can't do any hot peppers any more.Thanks for sharing.point

Richie

icon14.gif

Whoa!  That looks really tasty Gary...Point!  I love heat but I'll bet that'd make me sweat a little...did you end up using all 3 ghost peppers?

I'll bet that stuff would be amazing on a taco!  
icon14.gif

Red

I like heat but not so hot that my taste buds are dead and all I can taste is biter fire. I have never tried a ghost pepper but I here they are supper hot I would like to try your recipe but is it going to be to hot with even one Ghost pepper?

I like heat but not so hot that my taste buds are dead and all I can taste is biter fire. I have never tried a ghost pepper but I here they are supper hot I would like to try your recipe but is it going to be to hot with even one Ghost pepper?
Start out with a half and go from there

Gary

Update:  

Update on the hot sauce, My Wife opened one of the jars and took a taste, her tongue and lips went numb, so I tasted it, Way to hot, Love the flavor but too hot. So I decided to remix the batch with more Mango and Pineapple to tone it down.

I tasted it as I went along, thought I had it just right, but after processing in hot water bath and sitting it got hotter. Just getting old I guess. When I was young you couldn't get it hot enough for me. Not anymore.

I called my #2 son to tell him that the jar I took him was probably too hot, before I could say anything he said I was just going to call you, man this is some good stuff, I poured me a little bowl and ate it with chips. I said Not to hot ?  he said Hell no just right, I’ll take another jar if you have one.

This morning I went back to the store and got more Mango and Pineapple. I toned ours down and since I still had Ghost peppers I made him 3 more jars.

Like I said add the Ghost Peppers a half at a time.

Gary

Now that you Tamed it Down a Bit, That sounds closer to my Speed, Gary!!
icon14.gif

Bet that stuff is Freaking Awesome!!
drool.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky