Pineapple, Mango, Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
If you like Mango's and Pineapple this is a great hot sauce Lots of flavor with heat

Gary

Sounds like a super charged version of the Mango sauce I make down under, I'll have to give this a go the next time I'm in the sauce making mode.

I freeze mangos each year along with other fruit that I use for sauces and chutneys, my brother has a small orchard and fruit's a plenty.

Thanks for the post and Q view Gary.

Cheers from Down Under.

Thanks for the post Gary.

Brother in law has a bunch of ghost peppers, bet I could get some and give him some sauce made with them.

Pineapple, Mango, Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce
Im gonna give this a try cause it sounds really good. I'm a hot sauce fanatic! My friend had a small sauce business but it went under so I'm looking for something new.

A big Shout Out to SQWIB  for his awesome post and getting me motivated.

This is an old recipe, and have not made it in a long time.
The way I do the Ghost Peppers is clean and seed several, I start off adding one then add a half at a time till I get the heat I’m looking for. (Don’t add too much to start with it gets hot pretty quick. I like heat, but not so much that my lips go numb, nose starts running and sweat pops out all over my head.

3 Ghost pepper, chopped (removed seeds for milder flavor)  (USE RUBBER GLOVES)
(start with one and add more till you get the heat you want)
2 cans Pineapple, (I used sliced)
2 bags frozen Mango
6 hot cherry peppers, chopped
1 cup water
1 ¾  cup white vinegar
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 teaspoon sugar
Salt – to taste

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor, process till smooth
Pour into a pan and simmer till it reduces a bit (or the consistency you like)
Pour into bottles, let cool and store in fridge. Or process in a hot water bath as per canning directions

I did the hot Water bath today (4 Pints)

This batch turned out really good, didn’t have to adjust anything at the end.

I bought the store brand  of Mangoes and Pineapple

Pineapple and Mango already went for a spin Cilantro is next

Hot Cherry Peppers and the Star of the Show

Everything out of the blender and in the pot to simmer for a while  

Water Bath

Out of the bath all lids popped, cooling and waiting on a label 

Finished  One for #1 son, #2 son and 2 for me

Thanks for looking and thanks again SQWIB for getting me in the mood

That looks great Gary, thanks for the recipe as well... Gonna have to try this for sure ! Thumbs Up

I once waved a Ghost Pepper over a bowl of chili.....was still too hot. Love the idea of mango and pineapple though. I may have to try this with a milder pepper for wings on game day, maybe blend in some coconut rum as well.

I just read about ghost peppers 1000,000 scoville units which is supper hot, but the hottest at 2,000,2000 scoville units is the Carolina Reper. You can just mention the name over a bowl of chilli and it will burst into flames. I'm with Dan, but I think I would like to try maybe 1/4 gost pepper in the mix. Seems like just yesterday that the habanero was the hottest pepper, I wonder what's next after the Carolina Reper?

Randy,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky