Pineapple Bacon Roll Ups (Recipe and Qview)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great! Something new to get addicted to! 
nana2.gif

Hey Derek

I smoked up a batch of these bacon/pineapple roll ups on the weekend.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/233355/sausage-comparison-and-pineapple-bacon-roll-ups

They were great.  I really enjoyed them.  Miss Linda was away for the weekend, but I saved her half, and she had them for lunch today (heated up in the nuke).  She loved them and asked me to make some more!!!  Believe me, I WILL.

I smoked them over a 75/25 mix of Hickory and Pecan at 250* for 1 1/2 hour.  The sauce I warmed up in the oven at 350* for 20 minutes.  Next time I'll do the sauce in the smoker too.

I did 2 things differently than you.  First, I sprinkled my pork rub on half of the roll ups before smoking.  Both the original and the rubbed were great.  Second, for some reason, I misread the directions for making the sauce and added the juice from the can of pineapple chunks.  It turned out VERY good, but now I have to try one batch without the juice added.

I recommend these to everybody to try--you'll be hooked.

Gary

Hey Derek

I smoked up a batch of these bacon/pineapple roll ups on the weekend.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/233355/sausage-comparison-and-pineapple-bacon-roll-ups

They were great.  I really enjoyed them.  Miss Linda was away for the weekend, but I saved her half, and she had them for lunch today (heated up in the nuke).  She loved them and asked me to make some more!!!  Believe me, I WILL.

I smoked them over a 75/25 mix of Hickory and Pecan at 250* for 1 1/2 hour.  The sauce I warmed up in the oven at 350* for 20 minutes.  Next time I'll do the sauce in the smoker too.

I did 2 things differently than you.  First, I sprinkled my pork rub on half of the roll ups before smoking.  Both the original and the rubbed were great.  Second, for some reason, I misread the directions for making the sauce and added the juice from the can of pineapple chunks.  It turned out VERY good, but now I have to try one batch without the juice added.

I recommend these to everybody to try--you'll be hooked.

Gary
That's awesome Gary ! Glad you enjoyed, and thanks for the comment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky