PHOTOS ADDED - 8th Annual South Florida Gathering 2018 (Nov 17-18)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Special Ingredient for the Rib Comp?

• Yes..this will be fun

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No..let's keep it the same

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man...i didn't expect that guy to post on here till 5 days before the event!

If ever... LOL .. Oh.. what's up Don... didn't see ya over there...

Also... anybody/everybody that would like can join us .. There's a get together in Oct. (12-13) at Lake Manatee State Park ... The gang from the Fish Eating Creek weekend is having it.. site number in the 50's ... We're in #48 from Thur-Sun.

C'MON OVER

OK... So I wanna ask everybody their thoughts on doing something different...

How about "burnt ends" instead of ribs ?? ... Or maybe do both ??

"Thoughts Please" ...

Never done burnt ends, but as long as I have enough lead time to practice, I’m game. Ribs would be good too. Since I sat out a year after whipping y'alls ass, I’m ready to do it again! Lol

Last edited:
If ever... LOL .. Oh.. what's up Don... didn't see ya over there...

Also... anybody/everybody that would like can join us .. There's a get together in Oct. (12-13) at Lake Manatee State Park ... The gang from the Fish Eating Creek weekend is having it.. site number in the 50's ... We're in #48 from Thur-Sun.

C'MON OVER

I’ve addd it to my callendar. We’ll see what October brinfs!

A cow, an ant and an old fart are debating on who is the greatest of the three of them.

The cow said, "I give 20 quarts of milk every day and that's why I am the greatest!"

The ant said, "I work day and night, summer and winter, I can carry 52 times my own weight and that's why I am the greatest!"

Why are you scrolling down? It's your turn to say something...

Just some updates:
- Last year we put together a Shared Items List which worked out pretty well (Thanks @tiki guy for the suggestion!), i've added that to the #1 post and will update it as people volunteer. Multiple people can also volunteer for the same item to divide the purchase
- I've started reaching out to our sponsors that have generously donated year after year! I do not think i have seen any "new" sponsors to the forum but if anyone can think of anyone let me know and i'll reach out!

Here is the Shared Item List for reference (i will put the names on the #1 post)
Plates -
Utensils ( plastic ) -
Drink cups ( cold & hot) -
ICE ( we can NEVER have enough) -
Paper napkins -
Garbage bags -
Cleaning supply's ( sponges dish soap etc etc )

Snacks ( pretzels chips nuts etc etc )
Soft drinks
Fire wood
Buns, Rolls ,Bread

Lisa is sending us some vacuum bags like she does every year!

Jeff is going to send some books and possibly more forum swag!

Gotta love our sponsors for the continued support!

If you guys know of any others that are on the forum i'll gladly reach out

Why not try reaching outside the forum sponsors? Maybe Myron Mixon would donate a book or some BBQ Sauce. Or Steven Rankling and Arron Franklin? And Kingford.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky