PHOTOS ADDED - 8th Annual South Florida Gathering 2018 (Nov 17-18)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Special Ingredient for the Rib Comp?

• Yes..this will be fun

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No..let's keep it the same

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
oh yea.. cool... will be good to have more new faces... And to see old faces (pun intended)... Can't wait ...

So to any of the new members... If your on the fence about meeting strangers... let me just say... It will be well worth the chance... Once you have attended a Gathering... ate GREAT food... made new friends... learned some new techniques (which it mostly what it's all about)... You'll be more than glad you decided to take the chance .... Even if it's only for a day (Saturday is the BIG feast) .. Like the rest of us... we can't wait for every Nov. to roll around...

GRRRRRRRRRRR... It's not Nov. yet ????

We (Mrs. Danl's and I) can't wait that long... We are now visiting NEPA'S for a couple of days... just spent a couple of days with Doug... and spent close to a week with Van and his wife... WHAT A GREAT TIME WE ARE HAVING...

Last edited:
Reactions: floridasteve
Ditto everything Keith said....its great meeting people at these events and you make life long friends!

Keith if you are in Vero try to come up to Palm Bay. Has to before Thursday as we are going to see our grands in Virginia Friday.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm I might have to get back into the competing part. I might have a secret weapon this year.... we shall see.

Charlyn wants to know if she should start working on her Specialty Drink for her competition???

Hmmmmm I might have to get back into the competing part. I might have a secret weapon this year.... we shall see.

Charlyn wants to know if she should start working on her Specialty Drink for her competition???

I'm down for another cocktail competition! I'm sure @tiki guy is as well :)

So Ribs and Cocktails?

Sweet!

As is stands, looks like 9 forum members. Let's try to spread the word to new members and guests! :)

Well, well, well...Howdy all!! I’m baaaack It’s been a long 5 years since I’ve attended and I sure am looking forward to it! Boss approved the time off and Site 78 has been reserved. Arriving Friday, departing Monday. Just picked up a WSM 22.5” and learning it. Quite a change from the MES 40!! November is still a ways off so I’ve got plenty of time to learn it. And now that I have a truck I’ll be able to bring it. Man I’ve missed this gathering!! It’ll be great to see old friends (Doug, Keith, and others+++) and meet new ones.

OK... So I wanna ask everybody their thoughts on doing something different...

How about "burnt ends" instead of ribs ?? ... Or maybe do both ??

"Thoughts Please" ...

Keith and I were also discussing the possibility of a Crawfish Boil?! Maybe getting live ones shipped in and seeing if people wanted to chip in for a group event?

Last edited:
Well, well, well...Howdy all!! I’m baaaack It’s been a long 5 years since I’ve attended and I sure am looking forward to it! Boss approved the time off and Site 78 has been reserved. Arriving Friday, departing Monday. Just picked up a WSM 22.5” and learning it. Quite a change from the MES 40!! November is still a ways off so I’ve got plenty of time to learn it. And now that I have a truck I’ll be able to bring it. Man I’ve missed this gathering!! It’ll be great to see old friends (Doug, Keith, and others+++) and meet new ones.
Steve,
Glad you can make it! Looking forward to meeting you.
Craig

Our good friends Kim & Mark will be coming to the Gathering. They reserved site 83, Fri thru Sunday. They are coming up from Royal Palm Beach.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky