Philly Cheesesteaks and Webbers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
nice story bear sounds like we grew up in the same town just 100 miles apart. great looking cheesesteaks, weber's idea idea must of at least made it this far north, i always get mine with mayo for as long as i can remember. i put may on my burgers to.

Thank You Jim!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks great John! Got me in the mood for a cheesesteak now!

Thanks John!!
I'm always in that mood!

Bear

Found these, gonna freeze one. Meat really looks good. Thanks Bear. I guess be best to freeze first than vacuum seal.

20200730_150657.jpg

Found these, gonna freeze one. Meat really looks good. Thanks Bear. I guess be best to freeze first than vacuum seal.

View attachment 456286

That's Great, Brian!!
Doesn't really matter, unless you have a problem with your Sealer sucking juices.
Then it would be good to freeze it first. It doesn't matter if it distorts the meat from the pressure.

Bear

A great write-up and some fine looking sammies John, big Like! No onions? RAY

Thank You Ray!
Nope---No onions on a regular Weber, unless you order them special---Not even Fried.
Just like around here if you don't want Fried Onions on your Cheesesteak, you have to say "No Onions" when you order it.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Interesting story on the Webber and I didn't catch that the Lettuce, Maters and Mayo are mixed in! Interesting concept. Some places I've been to, order a Cheese Steak you get meat cooked with Onions and choice of Cheese. A Cheese Steak Sub, gets Lettuce,, Tomato and Mayo on top. Got to try the Webber...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
That Cheese Steak Sub is very similar, but mixing the Meat with the Tomato pieces, Lettuce, and MW or Mayo takes it to another level. IMHO Give it a try, and let me know what you think.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Strange coincidence, the day you posted, Bev pulled out the same brand of Chipped Steak for Supper. I asked if we had Lettuce and Tomato but we were out. I made Cheese Steak topped with a mix of Fried Peppers from our garden. Jalapeno, Hungarian Wax and Italian Frying Peppers. The flavor was amazing with a mildly hot finish. That brand of Steak is really good!...JJ

Reactions: MJB05615
Strange coincidence, the day you posted, Bev pulled out the same brand of Chipped Steak for Supper. I asked if we had Lettuce and Tomato but we were out. I made Cheese Steak topped with a mix of Fried Peppers from our garden. Jalapeno, Hungarian Wax and Italian Frying Peppers. The flavor was amazing with a mildly hot finish. That brand of Steak is really good!...JJ

We used to always get Chip Steak from Landis meats---Always loved it. Then all of a sudden we got a few batches that were "Grissly". So we tried a couple others, and this stuff was always nice & tender---Couple years now.

Bear

This one must have slipped thru the cracks - just seeing it now. Wow great story and sandwich bear. We still have an A&W that has waitresses bring the food to your car. It's about 2 hours away from me so I only get there once a year. Haven't made the trip yet this year so I hope they're still there.

Point for sure
Chris

This one must have slipped thru the cracks - just seeing it now. Wow great story and sandwich bear. We still have an A&W that has waitresses bring the food to your car. It's about 2 hours away from me so I only get there once a year. Haven't made the trip yet this year so I hope they're still there.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank You Chris!!
We used to have an A&W like that in Allentown (1/2 hour away), but I don't know if it's there yet.

Smitties was a Teenage hang-out before I went to Vietnam, and what usually happened was two guys would pick up two girls & go driving around or go parking. There were no Drugs in Quakertown then!
Then when I got back from Vietnam I noticed how two guys would pick up two girls, but the girls got in the back. Apparently they were going to do drugs instead of doing any Boy-Girl Stuff!!

And Thanks for the Like.
Bear

Sorry late on this. But I like a good cheese steak anytime. As said there are good out there and some not to good. Amazing how people can take the same product and product an entirely different item.

Warren

Sorry late on this. But I like a good cheese steak anytime. As said there are good out there and some not to good. Amazing how people can take the same product and product an entirely different item.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
I think after making and eating Thousands, it just becomes easy!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky