PH Meter/Tester

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Looking for recommendations on a PH Meter/Tester.

Don't want to break the bank, just need something that works well and is reasonably priced.

Thanks in advance.

I will try and remember the thread I was in where there was good info but being a long time homebrewer I've owned 3 meters. I learned immensely from them but they are finicky, a PITA to clean and calibrate, and do not last long. I suggest using strips but get the nice onces. Homebrewers would cut them into 3 or 4 to save money. https://www.morebeer.com/products/c...V_-Ol0RhvlNYyC9Ys6hSEdvPzj-q4HEEaAvdGEALw_wcB

Reactions: bill ace 350
If your going to use it for sausage, just make sure you get one with a tip that is made to go into meat. They are a bit pricey, but mine has lasted for years & hardly ever needs to be calibrated. Mine is an Apera.
Al

Found it: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/reasonably-priced-milwaukee-ph-meter.295837/

You probably are already but if not be sure you take accurate notes. Last meter I got I went nuts with it and measured all that I could before it gave up. One of the coolest things I learned was measuring stuff that was not my own. I measured a bunch of pro beers that I liked and considered better than most and the results were very revealing.

SmokinAl SmokinAl Nice meter! That is not really pricey once you factor in most meters do not come with calibration or storage solutions or a good case.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Thanks for the feedback.

I found another thread where Dave Omak recommended a particular test strip.

I took his advice and went with that.

Micro Essential Lab 3110M18E 325 Hydron Short Range pH Paper Dispenser 3.0 ' 5.5 pH

Last edited:
Get the pH strips and save a bunch of $$

pHydrion strips 3.9-5.7 range
pHydrion strips in range 4.9-6.9

TSM

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky