PGSmoker's TACO SOUP - as promised

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgsmoker64

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 23, 2010
Prince George, Va.
Hi folks,

Earlier today I mentioned posting my recipe for taco soup and I don't want to let anyone down, so here it is.

You will not believe how simple this is.  Here we go.

Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

1/2 onion, diced

1 package of Taco seasoning

1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes

1 15 oz can of light red kidney beans

1 15 oz can of corn

1 TBS EVOO

1 tsp sea salt

6 grinds of crushed black pepper

Fritos Scoops corn chips

Sour cream - optional

Hot sauce - optional

So here we go...

Put 1 TBS olive oil in hot pan - add onions, salt & pepper - cook onions until translucent

Brown ground beef and add the taco seasoning

Add the tomatoes, corn, and kidney beans

Stir and on medium - low heat bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes

Put a few Fritos corn chips in the bottom of the bowl and spoon soup over the chips.  Top with sour cream if desired and feel free to cover with cheese, peppers, or whatever you like.

Lousy pictures I know.  One of these days I'll get the hang of this...I hope.

Enjoy,

Bill

Bill...looking great!  Mine is a tad different..but it all tastes good in the end!  Thanks for sharing your recipe!  May try your version next time!
drool.gif

Bill...looking great!  Mine is a tad different..but it all tastes good in the end!  Thanks for sharing your recipe!  May try your version next time!
drool.gif
Thanks Kat.  You can do just about anything you want with this but I wanted to post the very basic recipe!  Hope you enjoy.
i like your recipe...,,,im going to try it soon,,,good job buddy,,,
Thank you HT!  Try adding peppers, spices, whatever you like.  This is a very basic recipe that is just begging to be dressed up.

If anyone has ideas to dress up this recipe please post them so we can continue to share!

Thanks,

Bill

Man I love me some Taco soup and have been hungry for some here lately...Yours looks great...Mine also is a tad different....This is on my list for this week..

Man I love me some Taco soup and have been hungry for some here lately...Yours looks great...Mine also is a tad different....This is on my list for this week..
Thanks Roller.  I've been thinking of giving your bread a try - maybe this weekend.

Bill

You said to share my version!  Here goes!

About 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of ground chuck (browned and drained)

3 cans of red beans (like those better cuz of NOLA's Camelia Brand ones)

1 can of whole kernal corn

Small onion...chopped (optional)

1 dry package of Taco seasoning

1 dry package of Ranch Dressing mix

1 can of Rotel Tomatoes (***)

Brown the hamburger meat and drain.  While the burger is draining, I just dump all the other stuff in the large pot. (***) I don't care for tomatoes...so I use the Rotel.  BUT....you will need the liquid to replace what you would get out of the larger diced tomato cans...So I take a can of beans...after it has been thrown in the pot...and fill it up with water and add that.

Let it simmer for about an hour.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions...what ever you choose to add.  Tastes even better the next day!

This is Kat's way!  LOL

You said to share my version!  Here goes!

About 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of ground chuck (browned and drained)

3 cans of red beans (like those better cuz of NOLA's Camelia Brand ones)

1 can of whole kernal corn

Small onion...chopped (optional)

1 dry package of Taco seasoning

1 dry package of Ranch Dressing mix

1 can of Rotel Tomatoes (***)

Brown the hamburger meat and drain.  While the burger is draining, I just dump all the other stuff in the large pot. (***) I don't care for tomatoes...so I use the Rotel.  BUT....you will need the liquid to replace what you would get out of the larger diced tomato cans...So I take a can of beans...after it has been thrown in the pot...and fill it up with water and add that.

Let it simmer for about an hour.  Serve with cheese, sour cream, chopped green onions...what ever you choose to add.  Tastes even better the next day!

This is Kat's way!  LOL
Nice!  Thanks Kat.  That's a lot of beans - must get pretty musical around your place...
th_HaHa7_ani.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky