Petite Grilling Sirloins on the “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Petite Grilling Sirloins on the “Q”

I don’t usually buy Sirloin Steak, because it’s usually Tough.
However “Weis” had these “CAB Petite Sirloin Grilling Steaks” on sale for $4.98.
They had some marbling, so I told Mrs Bear to pick up a couple to give them a try.

The main thing I didn’t like about them was the way they were cut.
The one was about 1 1/2” thick on one end & down to practically nothing on the other end. Kinda Triangular!!
So I did the whole thing a little more rare than I usually do, and saved most of the Thickest parts to use as leftovers.
That worked out real good, as you’ll see by the Pics below.

As usual I used Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade on these for a few hours, and Mrs Bear made some Roasted Reds & Sweet Corn.

These weren’t as tough as I expected though, especially when I made thin cuts, like you can see in my Leftover Pic.

I would get them again at that $4.98 price—Maybe even $4.99.

Enjoy the Pics,

Bear

$7.99 Sirloin Steaks marked down to $4.98:
IMG_2624.jpg

Nice Marbling for Sirloin:
IMG_2625.jpg

Soaking in Teriyaki Marinade:
IMG_2626.jpg

I always pour the leftover Marinade on the meat (both sides) right after putting it on the Grill:
IMG_2627.jpg

Getting close to removing:
IMG_2629.jpg

Thicker end is pretty Rare:
IMG_2632.jpg

Bear's Supper, with Corn & Roasted Reds:
IMG_2633.jpg

Leftovers for Bear's next day's Supper:
IMG_2637.jpg

That's All Folks!

That looks Great to me Bear.

But I take exception to the last picture....
It seems to me somebody is spending too much time playing with their food... :rolleyes:

Good looking steaks bear. I like using the teriyaki marinade on tougher cuts also. Usually I poke the heck out of them with a fork and put them into a zip lock bag w/marinade for a couple hours.

Point for sure.

Chris

That looks Great to me Bear.

But I take exception to the last picture....
It seems to me somebody is spending too much time playing with their food... :rolleyes:

Thank You Sonny!!
Just trying to make it look as pretty as I can for you guys!!

Bear

Reactions: SonnyE
Seems like a few hours in the sous vide and then a quick sear on the grill would be a good way to turn the too tough sirloin into a good tender steak.

Reactions: SonnyE
Mmmm Looks Good !! Can't go wrong with Grilled CAB steaks Marbling looked great.
Just got in from Dallas, tired

Gary

Good looking steaks bear. I like using the teriyaki marinade on tougher cuts also. Usually I poke the heck out of them with a fork and put them into a zip lock bag w/marinade for a couple hours.

Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
Yup---I usually use a zipLock, but I hate to waste one on such a small amount of steak.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Yup looks great I'm telling you that bear is going to be taking a long winters nap this year.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
No time for Naps----No rain today---First time in weeks---Gotta Watch Penn State & then Mow my Yards!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Seems like a few hours in the sous vide and then a quick sear on the grill would be a good way to turn the too tough sirloin into a good tender steak.

I thought about that, but figured I'd do one this way first, so I have something to compare it with when I do a SV & Sear.
Actually these were more tender than the T-Bones I used to buy around here, which is why I quit buying T-Bone & Porterhouse.

Bear

Looks like a snack for a bear!!
But it sure looks good, nice & rare, just like I like them!
Al

Thank You Al !!
LOL---I was actually thinking of you---"That Ole Al would love this stuff---Nice & Rare like he prefers"!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky