Pepporoni making

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kent c

Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
 I have just started making my own pepperoni, one problem that I am having is getting the casing to stick to the meat. Any suggestions out there on how to solve this problem.

Up to this point I have used only natural casings. I bought some protein lined fibrous casings which are supposed to stick to the meat but haven't tried them yet. Going to try a muslin cloth casing soon also.

Tell me a little bit on how you are making these. Smoked, poach bath, etc?
First off welcome to SMF Kent and were glad to have you aboard...Can you swing over to roll call and introduce yourself so we can give you a proper welcome and don't forget to fill out your location in your profile........

Thanks and happy smoking

Joe

Are you making fermented pepperoni or making a pepperoni flavored summer sausage

I have cooked the pepperoni in the oven, dehydrator and traeger. The Traeger worked the best, I put the sticks in an ice bath once I took them off the grill and the casings stayed on. I use just spices for my mi, but I have read that some people put powered milk in their recipes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky