Pellet Tube Holster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I know there is a posting area for the AMAZN Products but im not going to post this there as to not walk on Todds patent.

In my FB group a guy posted the holster he made for the oval tubes. He sent me one.

Here it is. I have not yet tested it out. If you want more info please PM me. I will not post his info here.

tubholstr.jpg

How will it smoke standing straight up? The ash will put it out.
It has a bent like flip on the back side for setting flat, will take pic of it tomorrow. Its dark out and i might run into the skunkape...scary

Looks interesting waiting to see next photos. Thanks for not squishing Todd's thread although there has been many copy cats.

Warren

Here is the holster.

The back.
thol1.jpg

I cant find my small oval grenade tube. The longer is dipping forward. Holster better for the small tubes.
Adam pointed out that the burnt pellet ash may snuff out the burning when standing up. I will try that later this week.
thol.jpg

Cool Holder, Rick!!
Pretty good idea!
panthers, gators, snakes, skunkapes oh my
You can probably make it back to PA before the Snow Flies!!:emoji_wink:
Got Kelchner's here too.

Bear

Hmm, looks nice. But to me it just looks like a holder for one. Not be used in this manner. I just don't see the purpose of it otherwise. Unless you are supposed to hang it on the edge of the grill/smoker. Then I'd be curious if the ashes would smother it. Not trying to flame or anything. Just really curious about it.

Cool Holder, Rick!!
Pretty good idea!
panthers, gators, snakes, skunkapes oh my
You can probably make it back to PA before the Snow Flies!!:emoji_wink:
Got Kelchner's here too.

Bear
Naaaa
I will watch the snow on tv....lol

Actually fellers... They do burn standing up as that's the way I use mine in the smokehouse when doing sticks ... just did two batches (35 lbs) a couple weekends ago... pellet tube standing up .. Myself i think it burns a little slower and doesn't start putting out a whole crap load of smoke as it gets hotter from the smokers heat ...

Last edited:
Actually fellers... They do burn standing up as that's the way I use mine in the smokehouse when doing sticks ... just did two batches (35 lbs) a couple weekends ago... pellet tube standing up .. Myself i think it burns a little slower and doesn't start putting out a whole crap load of smoke as it gets hotter from the smokers heat ...

That’s interesting Keith!
I always lay mine down!
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky