• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pellet Tube Holster

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I know there is a posting area for the AMAZN Products but im not going to post this there as to not walk on Todds patent.

In my FB group a guy posted the holster he made for the oval tubes. He sent me one.

Here it is. I have not yet tested it out. If you want more info please PM me. I will not post his info here.

tubholstr.jpg

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Thats pretty neat.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
How will it smoke standing straight up? The ash will put it out.
It has a bent like flip on the back side for setting flat, will take pic of it tomorrow. Its dark out and i might run into the skunkape...scary

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
It has a bent like flip on the back side for setting flat, will take pic of it tomorrow. Its dark out and i might run into the skunkape...scary

LOL Ok.

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks interesting waiting to see next photos. Thanks for not squishing Todd's thread although there has been many copy cats.

Warren

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Here is the holster.

The back.
thol1.jpg

I cant find my small oval grenade tube. The longer is dipping forward. Holster better for the small tubes.
Adam pointed out that the burnt pellet ash may snuff out the burning when standing up. I will try that later this week.
thol.jpg

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Cool Holder, Rick!!
Pretty good idea!
panthers, gators, snakes, skunkapes oh my
You can probably make it back to PA before the Snow Flies!!:emoji_wink:
Got Kelchner's here too.

Bear

73saint

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 8, 2017
Lol, skunk ape...I knew that sounded familiar. They make a really nice deer stand!

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Hmm, looks nice. But to me it just looks like a holder for one. Not be used in this manner. I just don't see the purpose of it otherwise. Unless you are supposed to hang it on the edge of the grill/smoker. Then I'd be curious if the ashes would smother it. Not trying to flame or anything. Just really curious about it.

SFLsmkr1

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Cool Holder, Rick!!
Pretty good idea!
panthers, gators, snakes, skunkapes oh my
You can probably make it back to PA before the Snow Flies!!:emoji_wink:
Got Kelchner's here too.

Bear
Naaaa
I will watch the snow on tv....lol

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
Actually fellers... They do burn standing up as that's the way I use mine in the smokehouse when doing sticks ... just did two batches (35 lbs) a couple weekends ago... pellet tube standing up .. Myself i think it burns a little slower and doesn't start putting out a whole crap load of smoke as it gets hotter from the smokers heat ...

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Actually fellers... They do burn standing up as that's the way I use mine in the smokehouse when doing sticks ... just did two batches (35 lbs) a couple weekends ago... pellet tube standing up .. Myself i think it burns a little slower and doesn't start putting out a whole crap load of smoke as it gets hotter from the smokers heat ...
That’s interesting Keith!
I always lay mine down!
Al

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.