Peanut butter ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dannylang

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Doing a little research and saw a peanut butter rib, anyone ever heard of this. The rear hand I done says to smoke the ribs with salt and pepper, then add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to thicken up the sauce and adds flavor. Don’t know if I am gonna try it, but sounds different, most people around here that’s tried it says it’s great.
dannylang

i've never heard of it but I can't see 2 tbsp.'s ruining anything, is there a special sauce for this or just add it to any sauce you use, next time I do ribs i'll throw some in and see what happens.

Peanut works really well in a savoury dish with lime, chiles, soy, coconut etc... think Thai/Vietnamese flavour profiles. I’ll bet it could be awesome with the right combo of other complementary flavours.

I've heard PB sticks to your Ribs, but I didn't know they meant that way.
All PB does is stick to my throat & I have trouble swallowing it.

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Our brewery been making a PB Stout that is really good. Make good paring for the ribs.

903-Brewers-Barrel-Aged-Peanut-Butter-Sasquatch-Feature.jpg 67308813_420816375184755_310214273630470144_n.jpg

Reactions: BuckeyeSteve
Used to be a recipe on the A1 bottle to mix with peanut butter for a baste / sauce for beef. It was actually pretty good from what I recall.

I make Chinese Cold Sesame Noodles that the sauce is primarily Peanut Butter and Sesame Oil. The Thickening power of PB, amazes me every time I make it. I also had an African buddy. His wife made a Fabulous Peanut Butter Beef Stew. I could see it on Ribs...JJ

Just yesterday I was out to lunch with some customers and they have duck tenders on the menu that I ordered. They came with a peanut butter based dipping sauce that was amazing! Not quite like a Thai peanut satay but the sauce was more like a BBQ sauce.

Just yesterday I was out to lunch with some customers and they have duck tenders on the menu that I ordered. They came with a peanut butter based dipping sauce that was amazing! Not quite like a Thai peanut satay but the sauce was more like a BBQ sauce.

You were out to lunch???
I'm glad it was you, I thought they were talking about Me!!

Bear

I have ate my share of peanut butter and thick cut bologna sammiches... I add mayo, lettuce and hot sauce usually. Oder man from the country store would fix us these when we went frog gigging all night. Stuck to our ribs...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky