Pealing Summer Sausage Casing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lathechips

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
How to get summer sausage casing to peal off nice & clean, without pealing meat away? I'm using 2-1/2 - 3" mahogany.

Drier the salami, better it peels off from my experience. Also helps to have a really good bind so the meat sets properly. did you ferment these or add something for the tang like fermento?

I made a mistake one time and used protein lined to make summer sausage . They were stuck big time . A tip from BGKYSmoker BGKYSmoker was to peel under running water . They came right off .

Reactions: pa42phigh
Get them to do a fat out lol just kidding but you can slide the whole casing off when you do that by accident .🤷‍♀️

Soaked in water for a bit & kinda squeezed the water out, stuffed mix - beef, pork & spices.

Reactions: Mati
I haven't had that happen.

I leave the casings on when i slice it manually.

They peel of in a nice clean ring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky