Peach Whiskey Maple Glazed Double Smoked Ham, Sides, and next day Omelette... Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good lord does that ever look good!!! That omelette is killer too!!!

I made a ham for the holidays but wasn’t allowed to smoke it...you got smoke, so you got that going for you!

Yum!!

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
Beautiful piece of work! After that great dinner to have that omelet the next morning would be a real treat, not to mention that sammy. The gift that keeps on giving, Like. RAY

Good lord does that ever look good!!! That omelette is killer too!!!

I made a ham for the holidays but wasn’t allowed to smoke it...you got smoke, so you got that going for you!

Yum!!
Thanks X-ray! I had to tread lightly with it for sure. But I ended up with a stamp of approval. Keep pushing! :emoji_grin:

Beautiful piece of work! After that great dinner to have that omelet the next morning would be a real treat, not to mention that sammy. The gift that keeps on giving, Like. RAY
Exactly! It's next trick or two will be using the bone and scraps for red beans and rice and possibly some black eyed peas for new year's.

WoW that ham looks wonderful!!!, and the next day omelette kicks butt. I just finished freezing our leftover ham from Christmas. Well, all except for the bone and a few chunks that the wife is making a pea soup with. I wish I thought of an omelette. Bummer maybe next time.

Point for sure
Chris

WoW that ham looks wonderful!!!, and the next day omelette kicks butt. I just finished freezing our leftover ham from Christmas. Well, all except for the bone and a few chunks that the wife is making a pea soup with. I wish I thought of an omelette. Bummer maybe next time.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! we always say we are gonna freeze some but then we go on a ham binge for a week or so and it's all gone :emoji_wink:

I do have a backup ham in the freezer on standby though...

Dammit!! I really need to go ahead and quit this nonsense of having a job. One day I actually have to work and I'm way behind on my priorities (SMF) and miss this post.

Zach my friend....this meal is gorgeous, fantastic, glorious, beautiful, world-class, 5-star, and magnificent. Did I iss anything? Seriously, it is simply drool worthy, well documented incredibly well presented as usual. You have certainly proven two things about your existence in this forum:

1) You are definitely a picture whore, but you already know that :emoji_wink:

2) You are 100% worthy of that pretty little yellow badge under your avatar!! This is a meal that would make any of the OTBS founding fathers proud of.

Congrats both on the OTBS recognition as well as the carousel ride!! Very worth of both and a big LIKE!!

I can't believe you were reluctant to post this!!
Robert

Dammit!! I really need to go ahead and quit this nonsense of having a job. One day I actually have to work and I'm way behind on my priorities (SMF) and miss this post.

Zach my friend....this meal is gorgeous, fantastic, glorious, beautiful, world-class, 5-star, and magnificent. Did I iss anything? Seriously, it is simply drool worthy, well documented incredibly well presented as usual. You have certainly proven two things about your existence in this forum:

1) You are definitely a picture whore, but you already know that :emoji_wink:

2) You are 100% worthy of that pretty little yellow badge under your avatar!! This is a meal that would make any of the OTBS founding fathers proud of.

Congrats both on the OTBS recognition as well as the carousel ride!! Very worth of both and a big LIKE!!

I can't believe you were reluctant to post this!!
Robert

I'm with you on retirement! unfortunately, my bank and mortgage company disagree...

Thank you for the kind words. to your points:

1) This is not the first time I have been told this... by a long shot hahaha. But it is this site that has done it to me. Over the years of lurking I loved the photo-documented cooks with details and tips and that is what I am trying to give back. That, and someday I'm sure I'll get a server storage bill from the powers that be of this site lol.

2) I am very honored and humbled to be selected into the OTBS. Again, Lurking for years I have always viewed the OTBS as a goal. Now the trick is to keep up the standards and help others achieve the same. I'm glad that we made it in the same class. We've had a lot of fun over the past year or so and I look forward to more!

Looks Mighty Tasty, Zach!!
That's as good looking a Double Smoked Ham, as I've ever seen, and I've been eating them for about 50 years. (Only making my own for about 8)
Excellent Job!!
Like.

Bear

Looks Mighty Tasty, Zach!!
That's as good looking a Double Smoked Ham, as I've ever seen, and I've been eating them for about 50 years. (Only making my own for about 8)
Excellent Job!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! Beginner's luck. Well, that and a lot of tips and info from this site never hurts to have handy either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky