Patio Facelift

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Has been a few yrs since I have put a sealer down on the stamped concrete. Looking pretty dull.

** Before **
20210624_063442.jpg

20210624_063521.jpg

Had intentions on using sprayer but was not working properly, so had to resort to crawling around on hands and knees with the ole paintbrush. About 2 hrs, got finished early enough before the heat. Vast improvement, but gonna be slicker than hell come wintertime.

** After **
20210624_094841.jpg
20210624_130952.jpg

Looks good Winter. I like the faux pool section also. Instead of a paint brush couldn't you have used a roller with a broom handle attached so you wouldn't have to bend over?

Chris

Looks good Winter. I like the faux pool section also. Instead of a paint brush couldn't you have used a roller with a broom handle attached so you wouldn't have to bend over?

Chris
Thanks Chris.
I have used the rollers before and as you can kinda see in the after pictures, it leaves a little puddling ( white film) in the lower grooves of the stamps. Very difficult to omit all of it when it is applied and looks wet.

Reactions: gmc2003
I like the wood look on stamp .
Look for the dense foam concrete cover next time . Might help with the pooling and bubbling down it the grooves . Air bubbles can make it look white .

Reactions: gmc2003
I like the wood look on stamp .
Look for the dense foam concrete cover next time . Might help with the pooling and bubbling down it the grooves . Air bubbles can make it look white .
Thanks Chop, will look next time. Stuff I used was recommended by the outfit that stamped me. Uses it all the time but they spray it so no pooling.

Reactions: chopsaw
I preferred the weathered look.

j/k :emoji_laughing: Nice job.

Next time, roll a section on with an extension and then brush it down using widest brush you got. The technique is called "back brushing". You can also do with spraying. FIL was paint contractor...
Thanks for the tip Sam.

I preferred the weathered look.

j/k :emoji_laughing: Nice job.

Next time, roll a section on with an extension and then brush it down using widest brush you got. The technique is called "back brushing". You can also do with spraying. FIL was paint contractor...

We have to do that "Back-Brushing" about every 4 years on my Log House.
Now I have to pay somebody else to do it.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
All techniques are a pain.
Smaller area so I would do it your way. (Retired so what's the hurry?)
Puddling or under spray way too easy and back brush is a must anyway to get the sealer into the concrete.

Great time to do it. Rain fall is sadly short.

Reactions: Winterrider
Has been a few yrs since I have put a sealer down on the stamped concrete. Looking pretty dull.

** Before **
View attachment 501140
View attachment 501141

Had intentions on using sprayer but was not working properly, so had to resort to crawling around on hands and knees with the ole paintbrush. About 2 hrs, got finished early enough before the heat. Vast improvement, but gonna be slicker than hell come wintertime.

** After **
View attachment 501142View attachment 501143
They make grip products that can be top coated over your sealer.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky