Pastrami Band wagon, I'm hopping on

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So not sure why but the Pastrami took almost 7 hours to come to 145 deg.F
Stayed at 125 - 129 for an hour or so
My probes are pretty accurate and no problem with them
Letting the meat set for couple hours , Than I think I will wrap and in the fridge for the night and slice tomorrow.

Smells wonderful

View attachment 648466
View attachment 648463 View attachment 648464
View attachment 648465

So while it was smoking I grilled up some burgers while keeping an eye on the smoker in the background
So a couple burgers for me , 1 for Mona and extra for snacks
Burger fries and gravy, Fried onions and bacon,

View attachment 648468 View attachment 648471
View attachment 648474

Stay tuned , will slice tomorrow. I hope it is ok

David
sand-lot-smalls.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
The pastrami is looking very good!! And those burgers and fries look so delicious!! Will be watching for your sliced shot!!

Thanks for the comment

Looks great and smells great , just not sure why it took that long . Will see tomorrow

TNJAKE TNJAKE

I know , I know. Just like the old Hinze ketchup commercials " Anticipation " I know you know the tune, hum a little . lol

Sorry for the delay

David

Ok Ok , Here it is in all it's glory.

I must say I was not expecting the final look and taste , Not because of SmokinAl SmokinAl 's way but because of the length of time in the smoker. More than I thought . And of coarse I got the , " Good thing that was not for supper " comment o well.

Here is the cut down the middle and all sliced up . Tastes very nice and glad I followed Al's way for my first time . Great taste and texture.

DSC_5946.JPG

DSC_5947.JPG

DSC_5948.JPG

Just made a big Pastrami on long roll

David

Come on...tell us how the sample tasted!

Ryan

Ha ha Ryan , I cannot tell a lie. I did cut the very end corner off . And it was as tough as leather. So I was very concerned

But wrapped and into fridge for the night

And you can see today fantastic

All is good in my first Pastrami ordeal, lol

David

So of coarse I had to make a nice sandwich out of my new Pastrami

Buttered and fried a bun in pan
Steamed in the CI some of the fresh sliced after the bun.
Little mustard and some swiss, little water to steam the whole bun
Fan friggin tastic

DSC_5949.JPG DSC_5950.JPG
DSC_5951.JPG ........ DSC_5952.JPG
DSC_5953.JPG

DSC_5955.JPG

DSC_5956.JPG

Well folks that was a long 2 weeks , glad I have done this and it will happen again , might play with the flavors a bit but the process will stay the same.

Yes a packaged up 5 bags for single sandwiches and off to the freezer

DSC_5957.JPG

Thanks for following

David

Looks great David. Glad you sliced it thin. Worth the wait. Nice work bud

Thanks Jake for the like and comment

It was worth the wait for me , for sure.
That is how I am used to having it , I have seen it sliced 1/2" thick.
That is more of on your plate kind of food

Glad you stuck around to see the final cuts

David

Last edited:
Nice work David. I’m glad you finally pulled the trigger, see it wasn’t so bad after all. Next time make more since it all takes the same amount of time. Lol

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Nice work David. I’m glad you finally pulled the trigger, see it wasn’t so bad after all. Next time make more since it all takes the same amount of time. Lol

Thanks Eric for the likes and the comment

Yes not so bad , and you are right. Now that I know I like it ( maybe play with the flavours a bit , that is me )
Next time will be bigger batch, more product , same time processing and clean up ,lol

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky