Pan Seared Prime NY with Balsamic/Red Wine Reduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful job on those NY'ers Civil.

Point for sure
Chris

You nailed that one, looks beautiful! And glad we're not the only one with winds lol!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! It was crazy cause before the sun went down it was really nice and sunny then bam crazy wind......

Definitely gonna try this, thanks for the recipe civil!
it’s really easy to do and goes really good on beef or pork and best on lamb (Costco rack of lamb)!

Great way to roll with the punches ( wind ) it's real strong winds here yesterday and today

Great looking finished plate and real nice reduction on top :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David
thanks David! I call it working the problem.....although pan sear and oven finish a “solve the problem” LOL. I didn’t want to loose the veg!

Fantastic!
thanks Brian! It was a long work week so it was a nice way to finish it!

Perfect cook on those . Yup . Pan sear then in the oven is a great way to do 'em . I set out some ribeyes for today , but crazy winds here all night . We'll see if they die down .
Much appreciated chop! Well I can say if the wind is up then the pan sear may be up! I just wish I had a whole loin of these babies....like yours!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Plan A B or C it came together perfectly. That looks like a high dollar meal in a fine restaurant.

Jim
thanks Jim! The NY were only 33 so with the veg....a total of 37-38 for three plates.....burner joint prices without the bread!

That is absolutely beautiful!! Way to improvise, adapt, and overcome. We had some insane winds a couple days ago and I had to do the same improvisation. Wanted to grill some center cut pork loin chops but there was no way in 40-50 mph winds so I pan seared them like you did. They were great as was your steak. Very well done!!

Robert
thanks Robert! This has been a crazy weather week, started out in the teens then snow then down to 3 degrees then back up to 48 deg and calm & sunny the 30 mph winds...

I got a whole pork loin for 1.80 a lb I will be doing this week as well!

Doesn’t get any better than that!
Al
Thanks Al, I was freaking out but in the end it came together better than originally planned!
Awesome cook!
Thanks Steve!
Congrats on the ride !

Keith

thanks Keith, it is much appreciated! I’m glad I can share with others!!!

OH MAN! Killing me with these. Soon as I can stand I’m having a HUGE bloody steak! Just like these

Some fine work there Civil, love that reduction, big like! RAY
Thanks RAY! I’m a huge reduction fan of any kind......if you watch almost ALL Gordon Ramsey’s cooks has some kind of sauce.....I’m on that page! The reduction is perfect for lamb!

OH MAN! Killing me with these. Soon as I can stand I’m having a HUGE bloody steak! Just like these
Oh man...you will get there! This is just motivation to do your PT so you can!

Reactions: sandyut
Beautiful job on those NY'ers Civil.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!

OMG---Outstanding, Before & After Cooking!!!
Just doesn't get better!
Like.

Bear
much appreciated Bear!

Nice save/segue. They look great, as does the meal.

I have been leaning toward CI pan sear/oven finish more lately. Love the crisp all over goodness.
Thanks crash! It is hard to beat the sear from a CI for sure. It’s also a better way to keep things from drying out if done properly!

Congrats on a well deserved ride! That is a perfect cook result despite the obstacles! Beautiful! Had to be tasty!

Heck ya! What a great looking meal!
Thanks eddie!
Congrats on a well deserved ride! That is a perfect cook result despite the obstacles! Beautiful! Had to be tasty!
Many thanks jw! The panic set in for a few moments but then just let the old restaurant days kick in and went work!

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky