NY Steak Week…..X2!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Picked up a 4 pack of NY on sale at Costco so the boy and me have been doing a double header week…..

NY Steak day 1: Monday…
10FD5DFE-4E19-4725-B5FC-F6BD5E860ED0.jpeg

Did a quick 7 min sear on each side on the Weber sear station then topped it with some baby Bella’s and a bourbon reduction pan sauce….
7FEAC238-FAC1-4C60-A455-13E10BF2C0F5.jpeg

Oh man just all smiles!!!
3AD1E042-770C-4A83-AA0C-258EF95053E8.jpeg

NY Steak day 2: Wednesday…
Seeing….oh no wait….it’s tasting double….
731712FD-851A-466A-B0B7-F3199BBF6B65.jpeg

Since the first was just right no reason to change it up….
611754FA-3742-4D58-BB37-1C782C56A92E.jpeg

Another huge smile on the cook……love a thick cut NY!
B9020766-0C5A-4890-BF32-D2DF7D7A9264.jpeg

Funny statement from my boy during dinner…..he looks up and say who would have guessed a bourbon reduction would be a perfect match for broccoli……..kids….lol

Cooked to perfection and the mushrooms look fantastic - I am salivating like Pavlov's dog!

Top loin, NY strip, or beef backstrap is now my favorite cut since rib eye went outrageous.
Tender and flavorful and Costco is my usually market stop.
Wife wants no red in her meat so I closely watch with temp probe. Done is still flavorful and not dry.

Reactions: chopsaw
Cooked to perfection and the mushrooms look fantastic - I am salivating like Pavlov's dog!
Same here!! Dang where my napkins?!?
Funny statement from my boy during dinner…..he looks up and say who would have guessed a bourbon reduction would be a perfect match for broccoli……..kids….lol
Wait!!! Bourbon kinda goes with everything....Right?

Jim

What a plate and perfectly cooked!
I live the shroons and added flavor, but he wife, no so much😒.

We've been eating whichever cut is on sale for a while. Found ribeyes last week for $9.99 and looks like T-bones are with plan for tonight!

Keith

Reactions: JLeonard
Many thanks RS! My boy does the shrooms, he pampers each slice to get them all individually seared in a nearly dry pan the way he likes them, then he finishes them be a bit of butter. I don't argue with the way he does them!!!!
Top loin, NY strip, or beef backstrap is now my favorite cut since rib eye went outrageous.
Tender and flavorful and Costco is my usually market stop.
Wife wants no red in her meat so I closely watch with temp probe. Done is still flavorful and not dry.
Thanks FA! Yea the price of rib eye is nuts right now! NY has become a new fav! Oh I have good plenty of no red..... I sear them the same way as a mid-rare then convection zone them till temped just like you do.... however, I also put them in a small foil pan and then baste them with from fresh chopped herbs in the butter till done...Lots of flavor and not dry!
Awesome char on those ! Nice cook bud .

I like mine mooing , but recently had some at 145 . You get that right , and it's really good .
All kinds of flavor .
Thanks Chop! the new weber sear station does a nice job on the char.... I actually don't miss my grill grates and that is something I NEVER thought I would say..... These were both right at INT 140 on the plate..... I sear them with crazy heat then put them on the top rack in the 400 deg convention zone and pull them right at 135 and then plate them at 140 after about 5-6 min.....money every time..... maybe the 300-500 a week I use to cook back in the day had an impact......
Same here!! Dang where my napkins?!?

Wait!!! Bourbon kinda goes with everything....Right?

Jim
Thanks Jim, and yes napkins weren't needed....ie not a drop of it was wasted....LOL Yea and hard to go wrong with a Bourbon sauce!
What a plate and perfectly cooked!
I live the shroons and added flavor, but he wife, no so much😒.

We've been eating whichever cut is on sale for a while. Found ribeyes last week for $9.99 and looks like T-bones are with plan for tonight!

Keith
Many thanks Keith! Yea we have been only doing sale items. My boy does those shrooms, he loves them with a hard sear. He individually turns each one to get them perfectly seared up.
Great looking meals.
Thanks Jim, much appreciated

Absolutely perfect, Civil!! And those mushrooms...well they are the perfect compliment to those perfectly cooked steaks...

Absolutely perfect, Civil!! And those mushrooms...well they are the perfect compliment to those perfectly cooked steaks...
Many thanks GS! This post got me thinking and wondering about how many steaks I have cooked over the years......so I started adding up an estimate and it is north of 20K worth......... It was one of those holy crap moments..... My boy gets the credit for the shrooms though.... I have also cooked truckloads of shrooms but I have delegated them to him over the past couple of years.....and he is always on point!

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
What a great meal!! Can't argue with a NY steak--they've always been my #1 choice--although both Miss Linda and I like ours cooked to medium. If I were you, I'd never cook another mushroom. Pretty obvious that your son is the ultimate shroom chef!! They look fantastic. But broccoli?? My first thought was "Now who on earth would waste a delicious bourbon reduction on a weed?????" :emoji_cry: :emoji_tired_face:
Great job.
Gary

Dang dude, that looks perfect.
Many thanks broke! A good steak and flame and I'm a happy camper!
What a great meal!! Can't argue with a NY steak--they've always been my #1 choice--although both Miss Linda and I like ours cooked to medium. If I were you, I'd never cook another mushroom. Pretty obvious that your son is the ultimate shroom chef!! They look fantastic. But broccoli?? My first thought was "Now who on earth would waste a delicious bourbon reduction on a weed?????" :emoji_cry: :emoji_tired_face:
Great job.
Gary
Thanks Gary! I think NY's are one of those cuts that excel at medium.....However, the vampire in me just won't let go....LOL Oh trust me, I only cook shrooms when the Boy isn't around now. I love them but doing to prep to cook them isn't my fav thing and the Boy does it all now. He does beef ribs, bacon, shrimp, scallops, and shrooms now...... At least he won't starve.....

Oh now before you knock broccoli.....think about it as a nice sponge that fills up with bourbon, ie its a vehicle for a tree size helping of flavor.....!

• Haha
Reactions: GaryHibbert
That looks perfect. I love broccoli. I like it even better with a little nacho cheese.

Now I'm hungry. Waiting for a place that makes amazing fish Tacos to open up.

Perfectly done Civil. That whole plate looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks delicious civil.
Thanks peachy!
That looks perfect. I love broccoli. I like it even better with a little nacho cheese.

Now I'm hungry. Waiting for a place that makes amazing fish Tacos to open up.
Thanks 90b! We eat lots of broccoli. If I could get the Taco Bell nacho cheese I would put it over it a second…..but they keep that cheese close……

Yum fish tacos, love those things too!
Perfectly done Civil. That whole plate looks fantastic.

Point for sure
Chris
Mischief appreciated Chris! It’s a simple plate but I thought it was worth repeating…..
Phenomenal cook Civil, good beef done to perfection, nice work! RAY
Many thanks RAY!
It would not surprise me at all and I'm surely right there with you...
It’s like I better know how to cook one right….but I still manage to mess up some every now and again……

Yum fish tacos, love those things too!
I'm not trying to take over your post but my wife and I and another couple were in Hawaii for the last 5 days. On the first night I got three "catch of the day" fish tacos. They were so dang good I could have nothing else but that for our last meal there.

I did order it again on the last day but to go which wasn't as pretty but as I ordered it I was informed the catch of the day was Blue Marlin. I also ordered chips and queso cheese.

We ate on the beach to a beautiful sunset. Best fish tacos ever. Large pieces of fish breaded. I would have preferred grilled but it was still so dang good.

2023_oahu_001.jpg

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky