PA meets Montana. Smoked Muley

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dennis8483

Original poster
Dec 28, 2020
Took a hunting trip to montana in November and brought home a nice muley buck. Ate the first cut today (besides a heart cheesesteak the day after), smoked at 225 on hickory until IT hit 130. Delicious. Forgot to take photo of sliced, too busy picking at it. Currently have a whitetail hind quarter in brine to try a ham in a few more days.
20201210_204101.jpg
20201229_215058.jpg

Hi there and welcome!

Man that is awesome! I'm so happy to see all of you guys getting out and hunting. I had to skip hunting this year but looks like I may be able to go next year :)

I look forward to seeing more of the venison cooked up! :)

Took a hunting trip to montana in November and brought home a nice muley buck.

Congrats! Lots of out of state hunters only end up with does. That's what I call a nice 5-point (we assume symmetry). Looks like you're hunting eastern MT for sure. Around Glendive? I grew up hunting muleys and whitetail in the 700 blocks by Baker and Ekalaka.

Congrats! Lots of out of state hunters only end up with does. That's what I call a nice 5-point (we assume symmetry). Looks like you're hunting eastern MT for sure. Around Glendive? I grew up hunting muleys and whitetail in the 700 blocks by Baker and Ekalaka.
Couldnt tell you if I wanted, no idea where exactly we were. With a buddy in his old stomping grounds. Lost count, but probably saw 10 or 11 shooter bucks in 3 days. Fantastic trip, always love visiting Montana.

Reactions: FFchampMT
Welcome glad to have you on board. For sure a great looking buck. Hummm a heart cheese steak sounds great.
Nice job on the roast too.

Warren

Awesome! Nice Muley buck! I was in Montana last week of October for antelope and bird hunting. Cold blue northern blew through and it was cold! -16*F with a wind chill of -42*F last day we were there! I too was with a buddy on his family's old stomping grounds. Montana is such a great state.

Great buck and some tasty eats! Cheesesteak muley heart sounds intriguing

Hey, glad to see you’ve joined this site. You’ll really enjoy the shared info/stories. Now bring some of that to work! 😂😂😂
Might have some venison ham for you to try. Day 7 of brining hind quarter. Probably smoke it this weekend.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky