• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PA meets Montana. Smoked Muley

dennis8483

Joined Dec 28, 2020
Took a hunting trip to montana in November and brought home a nice muley buck. Ate the first cut today (besides a heart cheesesteak the day after), smoked at 225 on hickory until IT hit 130. Delicious. Forgot to take photo of sliced, too busy picking at it. Currently have a whitetail hind quarter in brine to try a ham in a few more days.
20201210_204101.jpg
20201229_215058.jpg

tallbm

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 30, 2016
Hi there and welcome!

Man that is awesome! I'm so happy to see all of you guys getting out and hunting. I had to skip hunting this year but looks like I may be able to go next year :)

I look forward to seeing more of the venison cooked up! :)

FFchampMT

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 2, 2020
Took a hunting trip to montana in November and brought home a nice muley buck.
Congrats! Lots of out of state hunters only end up with does. That's what I call a nice 5-point (we assume symmetry). Looks like you're hunting eastern MT for sure. Around Glendive? I grew up hunting muleys and whitetail in the 700 blocks by Baker and Ekalaka.

dennis8483

Joined Dec 28, 2020
Congrats! Lots of out of state hunters only end up with does. That's what I call a nice 5-point (we assume symmetry). Looks like you're hunting eastern MT for sure. Around Glendive? I grew up hunting muleys and whitetail in the 700 blocks by Baker and Ekalaka.
Couldnt tell you if I wanted, no idea where exactly we were. With a buddy in his old stomping grounds. Lost count, but probably saw 10 or 11 shooter bucks in 3 days. Fantastic trip, always love visiting Montana.

cornman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 30, 2016
Hey, glad to see you’ve joined this site. You’ll really enjoy the shared info/stories. Now bring some of that to work! 😂😂😂

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Welcome glad to have you on board. For sure a great looking buck. Hummm a heart cheese steak sounds great.
Nice job on the roast too.

Warren

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
Awesome! Nice Muley buck! I was in Montana last week of October for antelope and bird hunting. Cold blue northern blew through and it was cold! -16*F with a wind chill of -42*F last day we were there! I too was with a buddy on his family's old stomping grounds. Montana is such a great state.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Nice trophy buck and some great eats, nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.