Overnight Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz400

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Mar 27, 2016
Loaded up the mes last night at 10, a 8.25 butt, set smoker to 220 ,used my recipe pork rub, at 6 am, bumped smoker to 240, just pulled it off right now at 205 internal at 9 am...... letting rest a little, then will pull the bone and pull it all apart in an hr or so.. has a nice bark .. did it with hickory pellets in the amnps in the mes ... later today will make some sammies ....
IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0956.JPG

In another pan now, pulled bone out, and separated it some, still steaming a little .. taste tested it .. nice taste ..

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0958.JPG

put all the dripping in a container and in the fridge to separate it from the fat, and will mix the rest in when I pull it all apart

Thanks yankee, thanks chili, thanks for the points as well,In a mes, seems like you are cheating .. so used to makin in an offset, this is real simple ..

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Looks good, but don't forget the finishing sauce.
The one I use is SFlaQuer's. There are others. Chef JimmyJ has one too.

It's a simple recipe, but it makes a world of difference in your PP.

SoFlaQ’uers finishing sauce
1 Cup Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Tony Chachere's Cajun Seasoning
1 Teaspoon Course Black Pepper
1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Warm the Vinegar up enough so that it disolves the Sugar well. Then add the remaining ingredients.

I use it in one of those clear Ketchup bottles you can get from Wally World for about $0.99. Snip a little bit larger hole out of the spout with a pair of scissors. Once all your ingredients are mixed together, put your finger over the top, and shake vigorously.

Randomly squirt this over warm freshly pulled Pork, then kind of mix it up with gloved hands. This adds very little heat (despite the Red Pepper) and mellows out the stronger, gamier parts of the Shoulder. The Vinegar also helps break it down even more for some REAL juiicy pork.

Personally, I eat it just like that, but your guests can add whatever "Q sauce they prefer once it's on their plates or bun!

Good luck!
Al

Thanks John, Thanks Al.. thanks for the points as well ...
here it is all pulled,
IMG_0959.JPG

moist and tender

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky