Outrageous Over Stuffed Griddle Breakfast Burrito (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Yesterday was a bit crazy. Had a few select friends over for a massive beef rib feast then the post dinner live concert went well into the night. We were pretty well wiped out this morning so decided to do a basic breakfast that turned out to be amazingly good.

Start with a half pound of my homemade breakfast sausage, some chopped onions, and jalapenos. In the pan is a 5-cheese cream sauce left over from the jalapeno bacon mac & cheese I made yesterday
001.jpg

Brown the sausage and mix in the peppers and onions
002.jpg

Let that cook down just a bit and add Ro Tel tomatoes with habaneros
004.jpg

Crack in a few eggs and cook those up
005.jpg

When the eggs are done, roll into two massive burritos then lightly brown on the griddle
006.jpg

Plate these and pour about a pint of the cheese sauce over top and garnish with chopped green onions
008.jpg

Merciful heavens, look at that. I'd say this is pretty close to breakfast burrito nirvana
014.jpg

These things were enormous, both in size and in flavor. That cheese sauce was so rich and decadent it seemed almost sinful to put it over a burrito but I wouldn'y have had it any other way. It was SO good. Thought about doing some fried taters and refried beans bur decided against it. Just didn't feel up to it and I'm glad i didn't do them The burritos were more than plentiful by themselves.

The breakfast of champions!!
Robert

Oh, my.... Robert, that burrito looks awesome! And I have to say this is not fair from you... I love burritos but am trying to stay away from them and it's been for a while.... and what you just did... it's so tempting... Nice job!!!

Oh man would I love to be sticking that in my craw today, huge Like! I'm hungry, it's hot, and I'm lazy. Back to the pool! RAY

I love breakfast burritos! No way I could pass one of those up with all that cheese sauce on top!

Now THAT is a great looking breakfast.
Do they make Ro-Tel with habaneros in it, or did you add them? I use it often in my“crack burritos”.

Nice! Been a fan of Breakfast Burritos since the first in 1990...JJ
BTW...What was in the cheese sauce?

That's an awesome looking burrito! That would put me down hard after eating that. Hope you made room for a nap.

Like!

Damn that looks delicious Robert. Got a big meal planned for tonight and currently making your salsa.

Thanks so much Jake. I'm running a day late here but have seen your thread with the dinner you did. Absolutely amazing sir!! Now you have me getting ready to make a late breakfast in the same spirit as your dinner.

Looks awesome, Robert!

Thanks Derek. It was pretty good...and very filling

Not quite a killer but pretty close. The cholesterol went up a few points, that's for sure.

Robert

Oh, my.... Robert, that burrito looks awesome! And I have to say this is not fair from you... I love burritos but am trying to stay away from them and it's been for a while.... and what you just did... it's so tempting...

I'm very sorry to be remiss in my responsibilities of the OTBS requirements and making your life difficult :emoji_wink: In an effort to help, I'll say this. It wasn't the burrito that is hazardous to your health. It's just the fillings and the 5-cheese cream sauce. forego those and you'll be fine :emoji_laughing:

A tortilla...it's what's for breakfast
Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky