Orange Beef Sio-Pao

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Couldn't waste the Chucky I made the other day,so I made an Orange/Bourbon Sauce
Chopped the roast up and added some sauce.
100_0100.JPG
Cooked this and mashed it a bit for sio-pao filling
100_0101.JPG
Made my dough this is the first rise
100_0098.JPG
After the second rise form into a 2" log
100_0102.JPG
Cut about 1" off and roll it out about 5" circle
I held these in my hand to fill
100_0103.JPG
Pinch edges around the filling place seam side down
on a piece of wax paper in the Bambo Steamer
100_0105.JPG
Repeat till you have the steamer trays filled
100_0110.JPG
Once they are filled they have to rise again
100_0111.JPG
Time to Steam them 15 to 20 minutes
They do expand
100_0112.JPG
Serve with a little extra sauce
100_0114.JPG
I had to get a cut shot so my second one I got it
100_0116.JPG
The bottom steamer tray will be frozen
100_0115.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Pretty nice...JJ

Never had one before, but I'd be willing to try that. It looks real good Richie.

Point for sure
Chris

Never had one before, but I'd be willing to try that. It looks real good Richie.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris Thank you they are tasty a little sweet an salty something different,wife was happy she is use to having that in the Philippines. Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Yum! We loaned one of bamboo steamers to some one who was making these. They didn't use wax paper or parchment. Never could get it clean again. Eventually I gave up and I threw it in the fire pit and burnt it.

Yum! We loaned one of bamboo steamers to some one who was making these. They didn't use wax paper or parchment. Never could get it clean again. Eventually I gave up and I threw it in the fire pit and burnt it.
Case That sucks hate lending things and people not taking care of them.I have used lettuce, Cabbage leaves before.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky