Onion and Garlic Brat Patties - Venison and Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

WI_GameMeats

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Central WI
Thawed out meat and got supplies ready to stuff roughly 12lbs of brats. Then it hit me that I really didn't want to dirty the stuffer, so patties it was.

Recipe is as follows:
  • 7.5 lbs Ground Pork
  • 4lbs Ground Venison
  • 1lb Pork Fat
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 tsp (2tsp per pound of meat) - P.S. Seasonings Onion and Garlic Brat Seasoning (I don't like things very salty, so I halved the recommended seasoning)

All ground and ready to mix by hand - added seasoning, cold water and mixed.
IMG_2258.jpg

First hand mix done - back into the grinder for one more round.
IMG_2259.jpg

Final Mix - measured patties to 1/3 lb each.
IMG_2261.jpg

I "pre-freeze" them in the freezer bags before vacuum sealing so that the patties don't squish and become misshaped.
IMG_2262.jpg

Forgot to get a picture of the test patty, or a couple that I grilled up because they were eaten so fast.

All in all, I'm glad I halved the seasoning due to the salt level. Although, Next time I make these, I will be adding more granulated garlic and white pepper for flavor. Salt level was perfect for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 14
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky