Omega Juicer for Emulsified Sausages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Culinary Otter

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 1, 2024
Alberta, Canada
In another thread Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke asked if his Omega 8006 juicer would work for emulsified sausages.

Decided I'd be a guinea pig and picked up the 8007 this week, and I'm happy to report it very much worked!

Double grind on a 3.5mm plate. Then into the juicer and on its way to becoming SPAM.

1000005688.jpg
1000005692.jpg
1000005693.jpg
1000005695.jpg

CO, Looks like the texture will be spot on, this group "enabled" me to grab a Champion juicer years ago for hot dogs. A juicer really gets you to that perfect texture. I'm glad your Omega is helping out.

Final results:

Used the 2 guys & a cooler recipe. Screwed up the corn starch. Lessons learned.

I think I generally have flavours nailed down (and still think I do a good job) but Eric is next level. The last best sausage I've made was their quick SS recipe.

For the record, I vacuum sealed 4 of these, then froze them. While I was cleaning up, re-opened 2 of them up and devoured them.

1000005710.jpg
1000005714.jpg
1000005718.jpg

Last edited:
Since you double ground through the small plate, that’s the texture I’m guessing. It looks great but for most people a double grind through the 1/8” plate is good for bologna and dogs.
I try to eliminate steps. Once through the 1/8” plate then through the juicer. In the end the products are close though, yours looks good. Just more work. Next time double pass through the fine plate, skip the juicer step and mix and stuff. I’d bet it’s the same.

Next time double pass through the fine plate, skip the juicer step and mix and stuff. I’d bet it’s the same.
Don't tell my fiancé :emoji_laughing: . She wanted me to try making balogna which was my excuse for buying the juicer lol. Next batch maybe I'll play around with it a bit and see if it's noticeable. I'm liking the single grind then juice idea.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Just FYI, I got the dual grind head from LEM for a one pass through the 1/8” plate then through the juicer. It speeds things up. You can single pass the 1/8” plate on a standard grinder but need to cube it small-ish. I just cut long pieces about an inch or more wide. Half the knife work.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
Just FYI, I got the dual grind head from LEM for a one pass through the 1/8” plate then through the juicer. It speeds things up. You can single pass the 1/8” plate on a standard grinder but need to cube it small-ish. I just cut long pieces about an inch or more wide. Half the knife work.
The grinder I have is a beast. I actually did the first grind on the 1/8" plate in long 1-1.5" strips. No option for a double plate on this one however.

The way the first grind came out I don't think it'd be an issue running it through the juicer at on a single grind. It didn't struggle at all with the pork.

The grinder I have is a beast. I actually did the first grind on the 1/8" plate in long 1-1.5" strips. No option for a double plate on this one however.

The way the first grind came out I don't think it'd be an issue running it through the juicer at on a single grind. It didn't struggle at all with the pork.
That is all great. No argument from me. However I will caution you on emulsified sausages. It’s pretty easy to smear the fat and break the emulsion. If what you are doing works, that’s great, just be diligent.

Reactions: Culinary Otter
Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to watch the temperature like a hawk. Last time it was well below where the emulsion would break, if I try it on a single 1/8 then juice I'll be sure test it more often in case it comes up more in temp.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky