1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

OLD Stuffer at auction

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by GaryHibbert, May 21, 2018.

1. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I was at an auction on Saturday and saw this sausage stuffer. It was obviously an old, commercial stuffer with lots of sausages put through it. It had two cranks on the back--one for low speed and one for high speed. And it was HEAVY!! Now even a skinny old man like me can easily lift 125 pounds if I grunt a bit, but when I tried to turn it around for a pic of the back, I simply couldn't lift it.
    I planned to buy it, just because, if it went cheap enough, but it sold for $180. A lot more than I was willing to pay.

stuffer.jpg

Gary

2. Geebs

Geebs Smoking Fanatic

Wow, thats a lot of $$! Pretty cool looking stuffer though.

3. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

What a cool old stuffer.

4. biteme7951

biteme7951 Smoking Fanatic

You would pay more than that for a decent 10 lber....cool stuffer though.

Barry.

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Definitely heavy duty!!
    Al

6. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Dang, Gary!
    I bet it winds up as yard art, or used in a window display.
    Not apt to be used to stuff casings.

What about the grinder behind it?

7. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Definitely not for lazy old men or broken down old men I would have to past on that rig too.

Warren

8. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

The meat grinder was just a bigger version your everyday hand cranked meat grinder. Nothing special.
    Gary

9. Wow, I bet that thing could pop natural casings pretty easy if you held them a bit tight. I bet that would stuff snack sticks easy too!

10. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Glad my wife isn't a member of this site. She loves collecting old mechanical tools and toys.

Chris