Old School Flamed Ribeyes!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Excellent job on those steaks. You should bring your clients home and pocket the difference.

Point for sure
Chris

Oh yell why the hell not. Just can't beat flamed meat and that plate is to die for. Awesome job there guy. I like to give a smear of butter to the steak when finished.

Warren

Civil great looking meal....I could eat that for every meal if I was allowed to.

Can't get better than meat and taters and that is a damn fine example!

GREAT BIG LIKE!

Congrats on the carousel ride :emoji_thumbsup:

John

Yum yum yum!! Looks awesome!!

Thanks thanks thanks! Appreciate the accolades xray!

Oh yell why the hell not. Just can't beat flamed meat and that plate is to die for. Awesome job there guy. I like to give a smear of butter to the steak when finished.

Warren

Thanks warren! Open flame cooking is now my fav way to cook now! The boy and I need to finish the rest of the X-Fire so it can be a used as a true smoker as well!

I usually butter bast as well but just forgot in anticipation...,,

Civil great looking meal....I could eat that for every meal if I was allowed to.

Can't get better than meat and taters and that is a damn fine example!

GREAT BIG LIKE!

Congrats on the carousel ride :emoji_thumbsup:

John

Thanks John! We are a meat and potato’s fam for sure! In my mind this meal was about as perfect as it can be! The only thing that could be better is having it more as you desire!

Reactions: negolien
Cannot beat that flame grilled taste, nice job, that grill of yours is gold.

i don’t have the luxury of an x fire but I reverse sear then pop over charcoal chimney to sear off and my family never buy steaks from restaurants ever since. :emoji_sunglasses:

Fantastice meal you have done, finishes it off with that great side of Caesar salad with it too.

Cannot beat that flame grilled taste, nice job, that grill of yours is gold.

i don’t have the luxury of an x fire but I reverse sear then pop over charcoal chimney to sear off and my family never buy steaks from restaurants ever since. :emoji_sunglasses:

Fantastice meal you have done, finishes it off with that great side of Caesar salad with it too.

Thanks jabiru! Yea I’m with you, I don’t buy steaks at restaurants very often. Usually, only when someone else is buying....but is rare! Pun not intended! Lol......

Slickrock and Flamz thanks for the likes! Greatly appreciated!

"Motocrash how on earth did you get a pic of me while grilling! Thanks for documenting the experience! "

Butt, butt, you said you were only wearing socks!

"Will it make you feel any better if I said it was only 32 degrees outside when I was grilling and I was only wearing socks.... "

Tee, hee, hee!

All teasing aside, a question if you don't mind?
Looking at the first post of the ribeyes resting, and your post of, "1.25 inch thick’s Double R ".
I see the rib bone and a chine bone, I don't understand how it is cut. What kind of a ribeye is this? Is this a cut across the top of the backbone with both sides?
Love your pictures as they really show the clarity of your mouth watering process!

Looking at the first post of the ribeyes resting, and your post of, "1.25 inch thick’s Double R ".
I see the rib bone and a chine bone, I don't understand how it is cut. What kind of a ribeye is this? Is this a cut across the top of the backbone with both sides?

LOL....Thanks Ole!

It is just a bone-in ribeye cut (nothing special). Double R Ranch cuts the whole Ribeye this way. The butcher just cuts open the vac pack and runs them across the band saw. You get a rib (some times a bit more bone) on each steak which makes for a nice finish to the meal by picking up the bone.

Reactions: fullborebbq
that is just too cool for school, damn those look good!

Thanks greatfx! The like is much appreciated! The X-Fire was my sons high school civil learning project so it was actually way cool for school! He did get an A on the project!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky