Ribeyes The Copper Pot VC Way!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I have been crazy busy at work as of late and was taken off guard when my wife came in the office and said turn off the computer we are going to get some meat for the weekend........needless to say she got my full attention and I promptly grabbed the keys to the truck and followed her out the door!

The first store was a bust, even though it was our usual honey hole....no honey at all!

So we went to Costco next, and I was just not feeling anything as I stared into the vast chilling chambers of hope....all I got was waves of empty abyss mixed with nightmares of weekend hunger pains........as I was preparing to go home empty handed....the heavenly meat man comes out from the back and hands me a package and says I just cut these and I believe these are what you are looking for......(I have to be honest the meat guy really did say this!!!). I took one look and simply said thank you!! My wife says (really loud) “Wow look how thick....you know the thicker the better” .......

So after a story like that you might be wondering what caught my eye.....well see for yourself!
ED9A3CE1-4FBC-47DA-9AD0-68E6DD91D3D0.jpeg

1.75 inches of pure meat heaven!!!!
91F28EC5-412D-4448-A65B-E0D9960E31A1.jpeg

the moment I caught a glimpse of these baby’s in that empty and dark moment, I knew there was only one way to treat them with the respect they deserve.....The Copper Pot VC over cherry wood flames!!!!
510BE8A6-7BE1-40DF-87F6-790A9624C004.jpeg

The anticipation of flavor infusing flames is pure and simply a beautiful thing to view! The cherry splits are ready to impart their overtones of sweet savory tastiness!
E26A4379-B8D3-4982-A603-8C3BDEA76DB9.jpeg

On they go!
66904E3B-3F1F-4F15-BF5F-3C190450E9AD.jpeg

This is the moment when my love for the Cooper Pot comes full circle with my love for searing beef!
C9854B11-0A3C-4764-B66D-CC77E8A56AFF.jpeg

First flip & another split to keep it searing!
70CA861E-6356-4CEA-B43C-E48DDAAB7D24.jpeg

This is what I call the perfect flame sear!!! This is a Johnny on the spot activity....the smell is intoxicating!!!
573C4884-27A6-4116-9226-514A80D23496.jpeg

The finishing flame to bring them home to desired mid rare!
4F92AFF8-87AB-4080-9319-371B53CC06E4.jpeg

The earlier feelings of emptiness have been replaced by overflowing happy thoughts!!!
62BD2331-8ADA-4029-804E-E867E436A345.jpeg

As always some quartered baby Bella’s seared in classic olive & butter and finished with some fresh chopped herbs...
F45F0C97-51A6-4628-B513-FA577B1A86CA.jpeg

to add some color to the plate I made up some oven roasted roots.....I sear them in a fry pan (super hot) with classic olive and S&P to get some color then on a sheet pan with a bit of butter and chopped herbs and in the oven @ 375 till tender.....
E318069A-785E-41EF-976C-B7C90F353864.jpeg

Finally here is the end result of my wife’s efforts to help me forget work and to prepare for the coming week!
80D07324-FFE4-4CC6-91FA-8B08A91B8BF2.jpeg

This is my wife’s homemade green goddess with Roman heart and her pickled onions.......this is a seriously GOOD salad!
9B645DEF-8C94-4DA9-8BF8-12BAB8167093.jpeg

Pure flame flavored meat! It is dressed with a fresh blackberry balsamic red wine sauce. My wife spent 2 hours, she used the food mill on the blackberry's and all!!!
33661ACE-F7CD-4678-8917-DBAD30847552.jpeg

This is the moment......the first taste of the rib cap!!!!!!! Oh man pure money....the Costco meat guy is my new best friend!
92B5FC7B-8A33-4896-B3E2-16C0A76D3909.jpeg

Unknown to me my daughter was also making a scratch pineapple up side down cake. She used a fresh pineapple and all....it feels like Christmas to me.....I should come out of my office more often!
BA2E86B3-AFCE-4E0A-91DA-2879FC7D80D9.jpeg

it was paired with some pineapple infused Gordan Ramsey’s caramel sauce.
0B031917-CE02-478B-9E5C-2642F8210AAF.jpeg

Well this is the final flavor image of this journey in search of the perfect memorizing weekend meal.....or at least my version of it!
6C732BAF-3A29-49E9-929C-478E2F57E39B.jpeg

Last edited:
Mercy that looks great, that's at least a $55 pack of steaks , baby backs were over $5 a lbs at sams yesterday. still better and cheaper than eating out imo.

Gorgeous steaks, exactly how we like them!! The whole meal looks fantastic and the perfect way to take a break from work. Need to shut down your computer more often...:emoji_wink:

That’s a great looking meal from start to finish, much better than going to a fancy restaurant too!

Unbelievable, Civil !!
You Really Did a Job on some Beautiful Ribeyes!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Wow just Wow man what a great deal and a fine looking meal. For I would have been more than pleased with the pineapple cake.

Warren

Beautiful steaks and all around beautiful meal! Everything looks amazing! Haven't gotten a whole lot of scores on beef here recently either.

Phenomenal, your wife had a great idea! We all need a spontaneous down time…. I love that Copper Pot, the flame pics rock!

Mercy that looks great, that's at least a $55 pack of steaks , baby backs were over $5 a lbs at sams yesterday. still better and cheaper than eating out imo.
thanks mike! Yea that price was about right. The same price as a pack of spares. Crazy! And yes less than burger and frys for 4!

Gorgeous steaks, exactly how we like them!! The whole meal looks fantastic and the perfect way to take a break from work. Need to shut down your computer more often...:emoji_wink:
Thanks GS. Yes walking away from the computer is right! They wife knows how to get my attention that’s for sure!

Well Sir, lost for words as , if I open my mouth to speak I would drool all over my keyboard, big like

Nicely done

David
Many thanks David! I had plenty of drool for ya....it’s why I walked away from mine! LOL

That's a great meal . Those Ribeyes had to be fantastic .
Thanks chop! I suspect they were leftover prime cause they were crazy tender and sweet!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That’s a great looking meal from start to finish, much better than going to a fancy restaurant too!
Thanks XR! I’ve had a couple $$ work dinners including one with over $100 for a steak and this killed over that one!

Everything looks perfecto. . .
many thanks

Mercy! The write up was almost as good as the pics!

Jim
Thanks Jim! It was the meat talking! LOL.

Unbelievable, Civil !!
You Really Did a Job on some Beautiful Ribeyes!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! You don’t see cuts like this very often that’s for sure!

Wow just Wow man what a great deal and a fine looking meal. For I would have been more than pleased with the pineapple cake.

Warren
thanks Warren! It came together nicely for sure and I’m with you the pineapple cake would have done it for me as well!

Beautiful steaks and all around beautiful meal! Everything looks amazing! Haven't gotten a whole lot of scores on beef here recently either.
thanks SVOL! Yea it’s been lean so this was a real nice surprise and not the Christmas Vaca way....

Phenomenal, your wife had a great idea! We all need a spontaneous down time…. I love that Copper Pot, the flame pics rock!
Thanks WHB! The wife is a keeper for sure!!! If you couldn’t tell I love the fire pics as well. I don’t know what it is but the Copper Pit VC just makes wonderful things....

PS we still have a cherry tree to cut down!

That is the “last meal” so well done and presented. That copper pot is very special. Big like.
Thanks SEdge! Last meal....you and me both! I do really like the copper pot, it sure makes for some good eats!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky