Old Country BBQ pits vertical smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AmazonDon703

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 15, 2019
TEXAS
Hello folks, I'm in the market for a new smoker and I'm leaning heavily toward getting the old Country BBQ pits vertical smoker from academy. Trying to do some research online but I've struggled to find people that actually own it. Does anyone own one of these or have any experience with them? Wondering what type of mods I might need or just any suggestions in general that would help me.
Screenshot_20190201-094129_Google.jpg

been thinking about this one as well. looks like it's being discontinued though. was wanting to use charcoal though with the minion method so may not be ideal for me.

been thinking about this one as well. looks like it's being discontinued though. was wanting to use charcoal though with the minion method so may not be ideal for me.

I returned mine after using it for 3 weeks. I was getting the same amount of smoke that you would expect from a pellet grill. Some friends suggested that it's because the smoke stacks are on top instead of on the sides and it doesn't allow the smoke to circulate around the meat. It was a shame because I really wanted this grill to work and it does so much right (besides the smoke part). But that's just my personal experience

Reactions: Bigun94
Just found a used one in great shape at a discount warehouse for $500.
He's had it for months and may be able to get him lower at it has no thermometers and has been there for several months.
Would anyone still recommend this until?

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky