• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Old Country BBQ pits vertical smoker

AmazonDon703

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 15, 2019
Hello folks, I'm in the market for a new smoker and I'm leaning heavily toward getting the old Country BBQ pits vertical smoker from academy. Trying to do some research online but I've struggled to find people that actually own it. Does anyone own one of these or have any experience with them? Wondering what type of mods I might need or just any suggestions in general that would help me.
Screenshot_20190201-094129_Google.jpg

Bigun94

Joined Feb 19, 2019
been thinking about this one as well. looks like it's being discontinued though. was wanting to use charcoal though with the minion method so may not be ideal for me.

AmazonDon703

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 15, 2019
been thinking about this one as well. looks like it's being discontinued though. was wanting to use charcoal though with the minion method so may not be ideal for me.
I returned mine after using it for 3 weeks. I was getting the same amount of smoke that you would expect from a pellet grill. Some friends suggested that it's because the smoke stacks are on top instead of on the sides and it doesn't allow the smoke to circulate around the meat. It was a shame because I really wanted this grill to work and it does so much right (besides the smoke part). But that's just my personal experience

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.