NY Strip Steak With Twice Smoked Volcano Taters!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, been a bit since I posted…. Work has been busy! Anyway, got the chance to cook today! I will apologize of the lack of prep pics as we were doing other projects while cooking… apparently multitasking is not my strong point!

Idaho baker russets cooked on the smoker til just about 3/4 of the way done… pulled, wrapped in thin sliced bacon and back on smoker til bacon was almost done! Pulled off to scoop out the insides… mixed the insides with a cube of butter, a few slices of fried up bacon, a blend of 4 cheese shredded and some rub courtesy of my friend Brokenhandle Brokenhandle . Put back on smoker to let cheese melt, then pulled and topped with a sour cream, BBQ sauce topping (aka, lava) and fresh chopped chives!

The NY strips were cooked to medium rare on my sons kettle! These were sliced and topped with a compound of a stick of butter, some fried and chopped up bacon bits and some fresh chopped chives!

Again, sorry for the lack of pics… but here’s what we ended up with!

B05063CA-C6EB-4C79-8AE0-2F9F3CABFA24.jpeg

2B59FAEA-5264-4118-B004-9D88763B2235.jpeg

5D7DA6C8-5461-4D12-8B55-4260AF98A5B3.jpeg

D2CFD9DE-DF19-4E61-ADAF-A8C4FCBD6480.jpeg

All in all, everyone seemed to enjoy! Thanks for lookin all!

That looks awesome Justin ! Glad ya got some time for some great food! How's your son liking his kettle? Made some great looking steaks!

Ryan

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
Damn Justin, you killed it buddy. Looks fantastic!! That potato almost looks like an ice cream cone with spearmint sprinkles on it :emoji_wink: Love the idea and the execution though.

Robert

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
That looks awesome Justin ! Glad ya got some time for some great food! How's your son liking his kettle? Made some great looking steaks!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, it was much needed! Son loves his kettle… the steak was tasty!

He really likes making wings with his kettle/vortex combo…. I think that kid could live on wings! LOL

Thanks for dropping a line and the like… appreciate it!

Well I could pull a chair up to that meal. Great cook Justin.

Warren

Thanks for dropping a line and the like Warren, very much appreciated! BTW, if you ever get over this way you’d be more than welcome to pull up a chair!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky