NY BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Uncle Bob’s BBQ

Original poster
Jan 11, 2019
Greetings, I’m new to the forum and have been using other posts for info for the past few years. I first began my bbq addiction two years ago when a coworker talked me into buying a Oklahoma Joe Highland. After a few mods and cooks I was hooked. Fast forward six months and I bought a Horizon 20” Classic. Great smoker but didn’t have the capacity I was quickly building a need for. Three months after that I got a Lang 60 Original trailer model. I’ll never go back from reverse flow. My Lang is a great rig and holds temps with ease. I’ve recently put a down payment on a Shirley Fabrication build. Going to cry a bit when I have to sell my Lang but the waiting list for SF is 31 months out so I have time to burn.

Reactions: SonnyE
No can do SmokinVOLfan. I’ve got a list of people who have dibs when my SF arrives. Definitely a good rig, I just need something with more capacity. I’m lucky my wife hasn’t left me with the amount of time and money I spend with this obsession.

Woo Hoo!
Welcome to
small-logo.png

The 60 is massive, what are you cookin that requires more capacity. You must be doing some monster smokes, which is a good thing:emoji_sunglasses:

Welcome to the forum and the natural progression.

Chris

Started with small cooks for family and friends. Two years later I’m doing golf tournaments, clam bakes for work and party requests. Doesn’t feel like work when you love what you’re doing.

Welcome from Stokes County, North Carolina. We retired from our farm outside Auburn, NY (Cayuga County) a year and a half ago. What part of New York are you from.

Welcome from Stokes County, North Carolina. We retired from our farm outside Auburn, NY (Cayuga County) a year and a half ago. What part of New York are you from.

Greetings, I’m in Utica NY freezing right now. Ten years from now I intend to live the family down to VA or NC so I can enjoy the warmer weather/public atmosphere.

Well, more than half the folks living in NC weren't born here. There's lots of political refugees from NY here.....:emoji_blush:

Well, more than half the folks living in NC weren't born here. There's lots of political refugees from NY here.....:emoji_blush:
Hahahaha good to hear. My sister and brother in law moved to Danville VA five years ago and couldn’t be happier. Great weather and it’s scary how much happier people seem to be. Also not many people care about bbq up here.

There's some darn pretty country around Danville. Danville is an hour and a half drive from us. It's maybe 50-55 miles in a straight line but in the mountains or the foothills very few roads go anywhere in a straight line....

If you're thinking of maybe moving in this direction you might want to plan a trip during the Carolina gathering. I don't think there's a 2019 thread yet but here's the 2018 thread. If it's back at alelover's place you'll be two hours from Danville....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky