• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Not Your Mother's Meatloaf

hiram

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 11, 2011
I decided to try this recipe I got another forum and it came out excellent. Usual ingredients for meatloaf, 3/4 lb chuck, 1/4 lb grd suasage, diced peppers, bread crumbs, garlic, sea salt, pepper, cumin, diced onions. I cooked the onions and peppers just a little to soften them up.

Last summer when the wife and I were at a dish outlet I bought 2 bottles of Schaffers B's burger blaster from a guy that was hawking them from a small table in the store. We didn't much care for it on burgers but I knew it was made for meatlof the minute I tasted it, I added about 5 Tbsp to the mix and slathered the outside of it.

I preheated the smoker to 220 and formed the 2 loaves on small shallow baking pans, into the smoker, after 1 hr they start to stiffen up and I cut out the end of the pans and slid them onto the rack covered with frog mats ( these are silicone mats available at yard and pool).

Smoked them for 2 hrs with pecan and total cooking time was 4 hrs to reach internal temp of 165. Oh yeah pics, lets see if they post.

The money shot.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Oh yea, excellent! Of course you know it's cheating to put bacon on top because everything is better with bacon!!

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
Good job..like the bacon cap. At work I always saute up the veggies in diced bacon and mix in with the meat....makes them very merry

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Yum!  Those are bee-you-tee-full!  I'll take a sammie, please??  I love leftover meatloaf!!  Cheers!

lexoutlaw

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 17, 2011
havent tried a meatloaf on the smoker yet...seems easy enough. thanks for the post

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Good Job makes me wanna run out & do one right now!!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Dont know how I missed this one the first time around. Great job - I LOVE smoked meatloaf

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.