Not looking good for us in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
<-like my pic? Happy banana. My bananas made it. , my bamboo grove has no leaves. The sea grape did the best of all my trees.

Reactions: indaswamp
It is a shame that something like that can destroy the beauty of things so quickly, but they too shall revive.
Just glad you people are still accounted for.

Reactions: indaswamp
Bannana trees will grow back pretty quickly. I cut mine down to the ground every year in NY and they come back the next year 10' high
They are not use to having to cut them down in south Florida....pretty much grow all year! LOL! They grow year round some years in extreme south Louisiana...but not always.....

Here's a storm tidbit. This pic is from the Dome Houses off Marco Island. They've been in ruins for years as the canes and erosion have put them out to sea. They are no more. Should make for great fishing with all that new underwater chunks of concrete.
9481cb9a183d4f36b52ef713ccf3d5e5.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: chilerelleno
Here's a storm tidbit. This pic is from the Dome Houses off Marco Island. They've been in ruins for years as the canes and erosion have put them out to sea. They are no more. Should make for great fishing with all that new underwater chunks of concrete.
View attachment 644946
Kind'a sad, that was a great landmark and photo op for boaters.

great that some progress is being made to get things back to normal, hopefully it continues to move ahead quickly!!

Last night broiled some steaks, poured a scotch and felt sorry for myself. Today I hired Servpro. Based on their rates they're a good stock investment. Rented 2 storage units one for slightly wet and one for wet and nasty. I'd hate to be the adjuster that has go in and smell the wet and nasty.
Slowly the recovery is coming together. Last night just as the Game of Thrones prequel started the cable came on. I'm still confused.

Reactions: chilerelleno
It sure looks like were gonna take a hit from this storm.
Haven’t got my home repaired from the hail storm we had in April.
They are supposed to start on Monday, but with a potential major hurricane possibly affecting us on Wed.
I don’t want to have part of the work done, & have a storm hit us.
So far we have a new roof on the house, minus the gutters, but the siding, aluminum roof over the carport, patio, & lanai are what they need to replace next. Nothing is leaking now, ( I just wish I had a gutter on the side of the house), so if this thing is headed our way I don’t want to have them start this until the storm has passed. However, the path may change between now & Monday. Boy I sure hope it just turns east & heads out over the Atlantic. All of us in the Southeast need be hoping the same thing!
Al
Hope all is well AL. We were on a cruise ship in Key West the day before, barely got away over to Nassau but it was still rough. We are back home safe now and I hope ya'll made it through ok.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Things are starting to get back to normal, trying to get my propane tank filled up for the next storm, but am on a wait list. Big oak tree down in backyard, don’t know when that will be gone since it’s my neighbors tree & he isn’t in town. It sure is nice to have tv & internet again. Stores are starting to get the shelves restocked & we have gas stations open all over. Still have damage to the house from April hail storm, they were supposed to start on that tomorrow. We’ll see!
Some houses that were damaged from the hail & weren’t fixed yet. Then really damaged from Ina, don’t know how the insurance works for that. Made a big pot of bean soup yesterday, so we will be eating that for a couple of days. Along with copious amounts of Vodka!
Al

Along with copious amounts of Vodka!
Cheers Al - certainly well earned and glad to hear things are getting closer to normal down there. I am keen to chat with my neighbor who has just returned from his parents' house in Ft Myers helping cleanup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky