Not getting email notifications & All folders of PM messages gone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
All my boxes have been checked on this page you screen shot. I do get emails but old ones. The first box on your screen shot is unchecked for updates and news and should be checked by default so if admin ever decides to broadcast a msg to all members it will at least show up as an alert if email notifications don't work. I remember being in limbo for awhile before realizing we we're going through platform changes in Sept 2017 but wasn't notified before the chaos.

Kurt,

Your delayed email is one that I just can't figure out.. it would be an interesting test to change your email to say a gmail address and see if it behaved in the same way. We could at least then ascertain that it is your email service provider. If it still had a problem, then we would know with some certainty that it's something other than the email service provider.

I use gmail for SMF and I get notifications within mere seconds.. this is why I suggested a gmail account.

If you want to run a test like that, let me know and I'd be happy to help on my end get that changed in the SMF system.

Reactions: hellasteph
Bear sent me this.....
They've been trying to iron out problems since they changed platforms.
Jeff's been working on it pretty much.
You could try adding a comment to the following Thread.
Tell what you did & what's not happening:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...f-pm-messages-gone.268562/page-6#post-1824334

Well...I read the 6 pages of comment and for the life of me I still don't know haw to receive the emails I used to get on the forums I followed.....I haven't received anything in about a year.....and I'm a "premium Member" too....Can anyone tell me what I need to do to start getting the emails/discussions like I used to.....I relied upon them for the GREAT info that many of them contained. (Just learnt about smoking Dino Ribs" from Bear!!!)
Pete

Pete,

Can you confirm whether you have checked the spam filters in your email system to ensure that at least some of the email notifications are not going there? I just looked at your account and best I can tell, everything is checked that should be checked so if you have watched email or someone messages you, you should be getting an email about it.

Let me know and I will look further in this to see what in the heck is going on.. it's a head scratcher for sure!

Hi all, sorry I'm late to the party. I wanted to clarify some things:

1. If you use a Oath property email such as: sbcglobal.net, comcast.net, verizon.net, yahoo.com, aim.com, aol.com, and various emails like outlook.com, you will notice that your emails may get throttled or never make it to you. On SMF's side, we send the emails but your ISP blocks or limits you from getting it. For reference, we use a highly regarded service called SparkPost to deliver your emails to you.

2. If you wish to an email like Gmail.com, you will 100% receive all emails from SMF. This isn't something that we control as email providers have their own limitations and their own service offerings. Most of this is related to them requiring us to pay extra $$$ to be "authorized" but clearly, other (free) email providers work fine for our users without issues.

Sorry for being late getting back to you on this.. this is extremely frustrating for us as well. I have to rely on Hosts, mail services, etc. for things like this and it is nothing to spend hours in chats and phone calls trying to get to the bottom of problems like this.

I understand the frustrations.. I am right there with all of you. (also not getting notifications)

Thank you for your patience!

Yup---Mine have been showing up perfectly for months, until yesterday.
They all stopped yesterday.
Using MacbookPro, with Safari.
And Gmail.

Bear

Hi Bear, I'm sending you a response in hopes that this email notification makes it to you. Can you let me know if we've corrected the problem?

One thing after another isn't it.

Warren

Hi Warren, sorry about the frustration. We were unaware of the breakage as we have not made changes recently to impact or cause it. I'm sending you a response in hopes that you'll get this email notification. Can you reply to me to see if this is working for you again? Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky