Not getting email notifications & All folders of PM messages gone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Noticed I'm not getting email notifications. Anyone else experiencing this? I assume that will come as things ramp back up.

Also all my folders of PM messages are MIA. Are those going to come back? Being able to create folders and separate PM's was handy, especially for the throwdowns.

I'm sure all these things will be fixed in the next few days.

I'm not getting any either.

Al

They are working on the email problem and the slider and featured threads on the home page are in the works.

We are also working on a way to filter unanswered threads like we had on the old forum in case anyone was wondering about that.

They are working on the email problem and the slider and featured threads on the home page are in the works.

We are also working on a way to filter unanswered threads like we had on the old forum in case anyone was wondering about that.

What about being able to create folders in the PM's? It sure would be nice to have for the throwdowns.

Yup---I liked that "Unanswered" list we had over there.
Whenever I got caught up, I used to go over there & answer anything I knew the answer for.
It made it easy to find them!!

Bear

Reactions: mike5051
Just got my 1st Email alert to a thread I was watching..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-06-18-20-08.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-06-18-20-08.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: hellasteph
Nothing is working for me either, I can’t even get an answer to assure that I am getting through,
I just smoked my first fatty and wanted to post it but have no idea where to do that.

Randy,

Nothing is working for me either, I can’t even get an answer to assure that I am getting through,
I just smoked my first fatty and wanted to post it but have no idea where to do that.

Randy,

Randy if you click on forums at the top then scroll down and click fatties.
Screenshot_3.jpg

Then click "Post New Thread"
Screenshot_2.jpg

That will allow you to start a new thread.

Hi all, thanks for being patient. We fixed the email notifications issue. You should see your normal level of activity returning to your inbox soon. Please note something very important: this new platform only sends you an email when you have unread posts since your last visit to that thread. If you have not visited the site since receiving that email, you won't get further ones (until you visit and there are new unread messages).

If you would like the latest and greatest updates to all your favorite SMF topics, I highly recommend keeping your eye on the "Alert" icon in the upper right hand corner for new alerts. The exact Alerts area can be found here: http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?account/alerts

Also all my folders of PM messages are MIA. Are those going to come back? Being able to create folders and separate PM's was handy, especially for the throwdowns.

Unfortunately, the folders did not get transferred from Huddler to he new site as the concept of private message folders doesn't exist on this platform (Xenforo).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky